Wiki Posts
Search

Free night from Hotels.com and automatic upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Yes, but I seem to remember comparing several sites and found hotels.com not to be competitive when comparing several potential hotels. Might just have been what I was looking at, though -- I believe Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.

It's hit or miss -- in some cases they've been expensive, and in others they've been cheaper.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:23 pm

has anyone heard back from [email protected] yet? I sent my screenshots 24 hours ago but have not received a response of whether they accepted it.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I'm not sure I want to be loyal to hotels.com, anyway. I seem to remember that they don't always have the best prices. Is my memory correct?
Noone said you had to be loyal to them! Good thing I've stayed at a whole bunch of non-Hiltons lately, I have one night in a whole bunch of programs now. I was planning to stay at the Grand Stanford in HKG in a couple of weeks but I think I'm going to book at least one night in a Harbour View room at the IC so that I can get the full $400 free night. I've heard the view at the HKG IC is bucket-list worthy so it'll be a double bonus.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:34 am

Is this promo significantly different than simply their stay 10 nights and get one free? How ?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by best
Is this promo significantly different than simply their stay 10 nights and get one free? How ?
Yes, you stay 1 night and get 1 night free (equal to the value of the night you paid for). And presumably the paid night stay counts towards the 10 nights necessary to earn the free night through Welcome Rewards.

I'm bummed that I don't qualify for since I'm already a Welcome Rewards member and I've had at least 1 completed hotel stay and already have a reservation for later this summer.

Also, while hotels.com doesn't always have the best rate, I've found it useful when I stay in independent, boutique hotels that don't have loyalty programs, especially in foreign countries where American chain hotels aren't that prevalent. In addition to earning the credits towards a free night, the site is useful because some of these foreign hotels don't have secure reservation options on their websites.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:56 pm

I don't think that 50% discount is very good in hotel industry. If I spent $400 with IHG or Hyatt I will get more then 1 night.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Originally Posted by EyeBurn
has anyone heard back from [email protected] yet? I sent my screenshots 24 hours ago but have not received a response of whether they accepted it.
I haven't but the email was [email protected].. although a guy named Mr. Promo might be receiving a lot of emails Just sent mine off today.. unfortunately Mrs. only had Priority Club stays, no SPG or Marriott.

To answer someone else's question it seems that the 10 free night credit (for 1 free night) will be deposited after you complete your first paid stay.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by JeffISU
I haven't but the email was [email protected].. although a guy named Mr. Promo might be receiving a lot of emails ....
To answer someone else's question it seems that the 10 free night credit (for 1 free night) will be deposited after you complete your first paid stay.
So, does not work for 2 nights in a row, paying just for one ???

edit: I read T&C again,
I think it cannot not work as 2 for 1 on adjacent dates,
i.e. the free night points wont credit until
up to 45 days after the paid night completed.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jun 6, 2011 at 3:10 pm
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by sc flier
"This offer is open to US residents, 18 or older, who either (a) are not currently welcomerewards® members, or (b) are currently welcomerewards members, but have not made any bookings in the welcomerewards program prior to registering for this promotion."
This is interesting. I've made bookings that counted towards my Welcome Rewards program but I haven't actually claimed any of the free nights I've earned. I wonder if I'm eligible. Oh well - I'll give it a shot anyway.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:42 pm

I emailed Hilton and asked was a bookings.com stay eligible for points they replied
NO
does anyone know if PC or SPG or HYATT get points in their programs ?
I was thinking that if it was not a prepaid stay rate that it would qualify for Hilton.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I emailed Hilton and asked was a bookings.com stay eligible for points they replied
NO
does anyone know if PC or SPG or HYATT get points in their programs ?
I was thinking that if it was not a prepaid stay rate that it would qualify for Hilton.
I redeemed some expedia.com certs a couple months ago at a Doubletree. I didn't expect to earn HHonors points. But almost immediately after I completed my stay, I got an email from Hilton's marketing dept...

With the ability to book the guaranteed lowest price at 3,600+ hotels in more than 80 countries, there are thousands of reasons to make your reservations with us. No matter which Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands site you use, you can easily search all Hilton Worldwide hotels at once -- by city, by airport, by hotel features or even by travel route. And booking your stay through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton Worldwide website is the smart choice to ensure you receive Hilton HHonors™ points, miles and stay credit for all of your qualifying stays.

In fact, we promise that if you find a lower rate on some other booking channel, we'll match that rate plus:

For stays in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll give you a $50 American Express® Gift Cheque.*
For stays outside the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or Mexico, we'll take US$50 off your bill.

For more information on Our Best Rates. Guaranteed. Click here.

HHonors points, airline miles and stay credit toward tier status are only awarded on reservations made on a Hilton Worldwide website. However, we have made an exception for your recent stay at the Doubletree Hotel _____.

Going forward, be sure to make your reservations through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton Worldwide website.

Of course, you will also continue to receive HHonors points, miles and stay credit when you book through 1-800-HHONORS or any other Hilton Reservations Worldwide office, through corporate travel offices, through travel agents, through the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners or when making reservations by phone directly with a Hilton Worldwide hotel.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lrluis
This is interesting. I've made bookings that counted towards my Welcome Rewards program but I haven't actually claimed any of the free nights I've earned. I wonder if I'm eligible. Oh well - I'll give it a shot anyway.
A booking I interpret is just that, any booking, not a free night booking thru their program, so I believe you will not be eligible, however, as you say, it could not hurt so go for it.

After all, who knows how well their It department has integrated this offer to exclude current bookings or future bookings with the code?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:35 am
Suspended

I redeemed some expedia.com certs a couple months ago at a Doubletree. I didn't expect to earn HHonors points. But almost immediately after I completed my stay, I got an email from Hilton's marketing dept...
SC and Tinky --

For the life of me, I don't see why these inquiries are in this thread?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
SC and Tinky --

For the life of me, I don't see why these inquiries are in this thread?
If Hilton proactively gave me HHonors points for a couple bookings at Expedia.com, I would think that they probably sometimes do something similar for bookings through hotels.com and other competitors.

Why tinkybelle mentioned bookings.com, I don't know. I assumed that this was a typo.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:34 am

i had to sent like 6 emails to hhonors to get points for exp. stay as 1 time exeption
If Hilton proactively gave me HHonors points for a couple bookings at Expedia.com, I would think that they probably sometimes do something similar for bookings through hotels.com and other competitors.

Why tinkybelle mentioned bookings.com, I don't know. I assumed that this was a typo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.