Free night from Hotels.com and automatic upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free night from Hotels.com and automatic upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Ok, so the confirmation email from the property or travel site would no sufficiently prove that you "stayed" only that you booked it. So, we have to dig out old checkout receipts from the past year (if we saved enough)?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by Muaroak
Is there a deadline on using the free night credit? Or is it good for any date well into 2012?
Per T&C, only good till Nov 15 2011.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Per T&C, only good till Nov 15 2011.
I thought that's the date until when the Coupon Code for the paid booking is valid? Is that really the day by when the free night has to be used? That's going to be impossible for a lot of people since it takes hotels.com many weeks to even credit the free night after the paid stay took place.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:06 am

My stay was middle of August and I'm still waiting for my credit. Sent them a message a few days ago - no reaction yet.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
expiration date for free night

Because the free night is provided through bonus loyalty credits, I would guess the usual T&Cs for the expiration of loyalty credits would apply. So:

Before October 4, 2011, each loyalty credit is valid for three (3) years from the date it is earned. After three (3) years from the date a loyalty credit is earned, the loyalty credit will expire and you will not be able to use that loyalty credit toward a free night.

Beginning October 4, 2011, loyalty credits will not expire as long as there is a qualifying purchase or redemption activity associated with your welcomerewards account at least once every 12 months. Each time a qualifying activity occurs, the expiration will be extended for another 12 months. "Qualifying purchase or redemption activity" means a rewards-eligible stay which has been both booked AND completed, or a redemption of loyalty credits for 1 or more free- nights. If there is no qualifying purchase or redemption activity during 12 month period, all credits in your account will expire and your account may be deactivated. Once expired, welcomerewards loyalty credits will not be reinstated. To learn more about your expiration status, please sign in to your account at Hotels.com and view your account status online.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Maykita
Because the free night is provided through bonus loyalty credits, I would guess the usual T&Cs for the expiration of loyalty credits would apply. So:
Thank you !
Myself and others asked this a few times,
and you found the answer !! @:-)

So the answer is one year from the paid night that earned the credits.
(unless of course you did some other hotels.com activity).

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Yup, you guys are right. I got confused with the dates that you are supposed to use the "coupon" for the free night when reading the T&C.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:31 pm

deleted

Last edited by Moorea; Sep 28, 2011 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:05 am

duplicate

Last edited by Moorea; Sep 27, 2011 at 7:05 am Reason: duplicate
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday, I joined their club, received my membership number, and submitted the documentation for 3 recent hotel stays via email.

Will I receive any acceptance/rejection response? How soon?

I won't buy a room from them until I know my creds are acceptable and the rebate is a go.

NB Thanks Cartera for exacerbating my cynicism towards any online rebate offers.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
There were a couple of interesting questions raised earlier in this thread, namely, whether or not a booking through one's account in another family member's name would also qualify and also, whether or not the code can be used again after canceling a booking? Since customer service never answered my emails, I wondered if there is any experience on these issues out there by now?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by connex2me
and also, whether or not the code can be used again after canceling a booking?
I have direct experience with this. After 2 long chats with supervisors, it seems that once the coupon is applied, that is the one-time use. If you cancel the booking, the coupon will be lost. They won't credit you a new one or anything. So that is definitely something to know, treat this as a non-refundable commodity.

I actually think it says that in the t&c of the promotion, but don't quote me on that.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Finally received my free night yesterday.. a full six weeks after staying Aug 12-15. Ended up calling after four weeks and being told to wait another 2 weeks to see if the free night showed up. Never showed so called in after 6 weeks and one day... they had to research and manually credit my account.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:45 am

Signup ended October 1st
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:36 pm

Deleted, found my answer.

Last edited by Upgrademe731; Oct 6, 2011 at 10:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.