Discover America 2011 - hotel deal promos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover America 2011 - hotel deal promos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by rustyr
All sorts of offers, but hotel-related ones are Marriott gift cards 100$-up- 20% off, 24K Hyatt pts for $225, 40K Choice points for $150 and up to 7 free nites at Country Inns/Suites for $50 nite or 3 free nites @Radisson for $80 nite. The prices I listed include 10% off when you use Amex. Most of the pts offers they listed were for categories/certain properties within their company but they just give you points; you have up to 2 years to use them if I read it right. The Marriot gift cards and the Carlson free nites have no expiration date. You can sign up for any of the deals you see now and they will e-mail you when it's available to purchase. https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Default.aspx
The Radisson nights seem pretty good for NYC and Boston. The Radissons there get decent reviews on TA (yeah, it's TA, I know) and typically go for at least twice the $80/night. The Ts&Cs are pretty scary though - doesn't mention which are the participating properties, only that all in resorts are not included, and says that the participating properties can change at any time.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:52 am

So for the Marriott gift cards I see on there, can we use those worldwide? I don't see any mention of only use in the US, but it is "Discover America."?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abcx
The Radisson nights seem pretty good for NYC and Boston. The Radissons there get decent reviews on TA (yeah, it's TA, I know) and typically go for at least twice the $80/night. The Ts&Cs are pretty scary though - doesn't mention which are the participating properties, only that all in resorts are not included, and says that the participating properties can change at any time.
The mention about "participating properties" seems to be just a way for the hotel to try to inoculate itself from circumstances where a property desired by a holder of these certs ends up not being available due to the hotel getting de-branded. If redeeming Carlson/Radisson points at an ordinary Radisson property in the US (such as NYC or Boston properties) is possible, I'm betting that these certificate will be good at the property too.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
All sorts of offers, but hotel-related ones are Marriott gift cards 100$-up- 20% off, 24K Hyatt pts for $225, 40K Choice points for $150 and up to 7 free nites at Country Inns/Suites for $50 nite or 3 free nites @Radisson for $80 nite. The prices I listed include 10% off when you use Amex. Most of the pts offers they listed were for categories/certain properties within their company but they just give you points; you have up to 2 years to use them if I read it right. The Marriot gift cards and the Carlson free nites have no expiration date. You can sign up for any of the deals you see now and they will e-mail you when it's available to purchase. https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Default.aspx
Marriott gift cards seem like a joke, the rest of the deals are decent.
By the way, where did you see the rest of the deals? I can only see up to April 15...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:37 am

Where do you see the 24K Hyatt pts for $225?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
I didn't get anything from this promo last year. Were the fairly easy to get?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Marriott and Choice work for me because of the flexibility in using worldwide. The Carlson and Best Western deals specify US only. And pffft, Hyatt has reminded me why I am not even a member of their program - no properties in the 3 major EU cities I'm going to this year.

iggyray, are you viewing in Calendar mode? If not, it's the last tab on the right, after April 15th.

phatrabbitzz, it's Hyatt 24k for $250.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
I re-read the T&Cs for the Hyatt offer. I didn't see the 2 year limitation. Can you direct me to it?

Originally Posted by boxo
Marriott and Choice work for me because of the flexibility in using worldwide. The Carlson and Best Western deals specify US only. And pffft, Hyatt has reminded me why I am not even a member of their program - no properties in the 3 major EU cities I'm going to this year.

phatrabbitzz, it's Hyatt 24k for $250.
I like the Hyatt offers as long as I can use them Worldwide (in addition to using them in the USA.) And remember this is a DISCOVER AMERICA (USA not North or South America) promotion. Also, from what I read the Cambria Suites (i.e. Choice Privileges) is also for USA properties.

And the site stipulates that one can get an additional 10% off by using any AMEX card. So, USD$ 250 * 0.90 = USD$ 225.00

Last edited by MIT_SBM; Apr 4, 2011 at 8:05 am
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
How hard are these to get?
Do they sell out in under a minute or does everyone who gets on within the first 5 minutes pretty safe?

My wish List:
-1 1000 Marriott and 2 500 Marriott GCs
-Hyatt Points
-Hertz Rental Week
-Choice Points (200K if possible and will use for 8K/night properties)

I will buy them all if possible.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
Originally Posted by stallion114
Do they sell out in under a minute or does everyone who gets on within the first 5 minutes pretty safe?

My wish List:
-Hyatt Points
-Hertz Rental Week

I am wondering for this kind of car rental deals, how does insurance work?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stallion114

My wish List:
-Hyatt Points
-Hertz Rental Week

The better deals sell out very quickly. I missed out on a couple of the better ones and I was all-go at the very start(ing minute) of the particular sales which interested me.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:20 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by phatrabbitzz
Where do you see the 24K Hyatt pts for $225?
I was quoting the Amex 10% off- MOL puts it down to $225.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:24 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[QUOTE=MIT_SBM;16156529]I re-read the T&Cs for the Hyatt offer. I didn't see the 2 year limitation. Can you direct me to it?

Sorry about that -no expiration on points- it was 2AM when I went thru these I guess the Choice points were the ones w/expiration. (Maybe B/Western also but the offer was so lame I didn't bother to read T&C).
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:31 am

Last year the best deal was the Wyndham promo with the hotel transfer bonus to US Airways. I don't see anything near that lucrative this time. These deals seem to work best when an airline has a hotel transfer promo going on.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The better deals sell out very quickly. I missed out on a couple of the better ones and I was all-go at the very start(ing minute) of the particular sales which interested me.
Remeber you set up to get an email alert when they go on sale. I guess you can stay up till midnite and fire away. If you use Woot! then you are used to this. OT, but it reminds of the planned select seating choices NW was going to try before a lot of elites/FT'rs complained. Depending on your status and timing of flight you could be up at 3AM just to snag a coveted exit row aisle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.