FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   one night in Bkk? Banyan tree @ 18USD 4/12-4/13 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1061463-one-night-bkk-banyan-tree-18usd-4-12-4-13-a.html)

chokdee Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am

[GONE]One night in Bkk? Banyan tree @ 18USD 4/12-4/13

You can find this one on Orbitz and I believe it is only available for the night of 12th April. The reservation is prepaid for a deluxe room. If anyone can use it then it's a good start to the Thai new year should Orbitz honour the booking.

Use code ORBITZDEAL5 to knock the deal down a whole 80 cents...after all you will need something to buy your breakfast with ....I don't believe its included!

danishtraveller Mar 10, 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 13549240)
You can find this one on Orbitz and I believe it is only available for the night of 12th April. The reservation is prepaid for a deluxe room. If anyone can use it then it's a good start to the Thai new year should Orbitz honour the booking.

Use code ORBITZDEAL5 to knock the deal down a whole 80 cents...after all you will need something to buy your breakfast with ....I don't believe its included!

GONE :-(

I want to experience a misprice at least once in a lifetime!

chokdee Mar 10, 2010 11:15 am

The deal is still there .I should have mentioned you need to select 2 persons per room for the cheap rate to show.Good luck!

As per Orbitz :-

15.96 USD Price Assurance
Act fast! Only a few rooms left at this price Deluxe - 1 king bed .....can't say I'm surprised ..:)

danishtraveller Mar 10, 2010 11:50 am

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 13549740)
The deal is still there .I should have mentioned you need to select 2 persons per room for the cheap rate to show.Good luck!

As per Orbitz :-

15.96 USD Price Assurance
Act fast! Only a few rooms left at this price Deluxe - 1 king bed .....can't say I'm surprised ..:)

Thank you very much! So friendly. Just booked.

Any chance they will cancel it?

gallagher Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm

seems to have gone now:mad:

danishtraveller Mar 11, 2010 3:09 am

They still haven''t cancelled, can I be sure they won't cancel it now?

chokdee Mar 11, 2010 3:55 am

This was an Orbitz mistake rate and not the hotel. I can only speak personally from making prepaid mistake rate bookings with expedia and octupustravel and both have honoured the booking. My gut feeling is that as the number of available prepaid rooms at this price was relatively small they will let this one go....but we can only wait and see.

danishtraveller Mar 11, 2010 4:22 am

Originally Posted by chokdee (Post 13554461)
This was an Orbitz mistake rate and not the hotel. I can only speak personally from making prepaid mistake rate bookings with expedia and octupustravel and both have honoured the booking. My gut feeling is that as the number of available prepaid rooms at this price was relatively small they will let this one go....but we can only wait and see.

thank you!

But what I mean is: When can I be sure they won't cancel? - can they cancel the night before?

TJPACIFIC Mar 11, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks OP,

I saw it and wished I could be there. My relative and friends are out of town, it's on the long Songkran holiday.

chokdee Apr 15, 2010 8:08 am

Just to report back that this rate was honoured by Orbitz.Had a very enjoyable nights stay and got an unexpected breakfast for two thrown in even though it was not shown as included on the reservation advice. The free internet in the room (received by accident I think) completed what turned out to be a great deal.

chuckisduck Apr 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Nice trip, did you have any problems with the red shirts there? I was there till the 8th and didn't have problems besides some minor traffic issues and mall closures, before the violence.

chokdee Apr 18, 2010 8:26 am

Originally Posted by chuckisduck (Post 13779468)
Nice trip, did you have any problems with the red shirts there? I was there till the 8th and didn't have problems besides some minor traffic issues and mall closures, before the violence.

No problems at all. Saw the red's gathered in central Bangkok near the Four Seasons hotel and around the city in general celebrating Songkran.They seem to have quite a lot of popular support at the moment including many taxi drivers etc.

We will be back in Bangkok tomorrow evening so hoping things stay trouble free till we leave on the 24th. Obviously I hope things stay trouble free full stop and a compromise is reached,but to be honest with the way things are going it's not looking too good at the moment.

nvoi Apr 20, 2010 8:22 am

this was an orbitz mistake rate and they honored it? lucky you!

how long in advance did you book?

i've booked twice a mistake rate and once used one of their vouchers, every time the booking was canceled on behalf of orbitz just prior me checking in with about a day lead time. i always ended up paying regular rate after an endless discussion with orbitz cs that seem to be unwilling to honor their rate - or do you have an negotiation techniques you'd be willing to share?

congrats on this amazing deal!

JackDaniels Apr 20, 2010 10:17 am

Wow, what an amazing deal. Vertigo restaurant on the top of this hotel has one of the best dinner views in the world. Wish I saw this one earlier!

chokdee Apr 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by nvoi (Post 13807903)
this was an orbitz mistake rate and they honored it? lucky you!

how long in advance did you book?

i've booked twice a mistake rate and once used one of their vouchers, every time the booking was canceled on behalf of orbitz just prior me checking in with about a day lead time. i always ended up paying regular rate after an endless discussion with orbitz cs that seem to be unwilling to honor their rate - or do you have an negotiation techniques you'd be willing to share?

congrats on this amazing deal!

nvoi,

I booked this one on 10th March. Apart from posting here I just kept quiet and waited.Two days prior to stay I got the usual Orbitz "prepare for your hotel stay" email and then just checked in on the 12th April. I was hoping that the reception at the Banyan Tree would not ask for the Orbitz voucher but they did.I know the mistake was at Orbitz's cost but I still feel a little awkard when hotel staff look at the amount paid in these cases.

Anyway I could tell that the European chap at reception certainly clocked the amount paid but can honestly say I have never received a more friendly welcome anywhere. I even have a feeling it might have been him that filled in the ABF included on our hotel card record rather than a second mistake made by Orbitz. The free internet in the room came as a surprise. I just connected to a network called "wireless2",which turned out to be something to do with Banyan tree,and it said "welcome please click here for your complimentry 24 hours internet use".

It looks like lady luck was on my side with this one, I have now had the follow up email from Orbitz asking me about how I enjoyed my stay.Unfortunately if I report back I will only get 5% back off my next stay and not 90% as was the case here!:)

Regards,

Chokdee