FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Sheraton Crescent (Phoenix, AZ) for $39 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1031382-expired-sheraton-crescent-phoenix-az-39-a.html)

MarshKing Dec 23, 2009 3:38 pm

[EXPIRED] Sheraton Crescent (Phoenix, AZ) for $39

Similar to the Four Points deal being discussed here, the Sheraton Crescent is now offering a Friends & Family rate on their site for only $39.

I am using this to get my 25th stay this for the year. Fingers crossed that it posts without any hassles.

UAFlyer01 Dec 23, 2009 10:51 pm

only works until Dec 31, 2009. Too late to plan anything.

Originally Posted by MarshKing (Post 13044817)
Similar to the Four Points deal being discussed here, the Sheraton Crescent is now offering a Friends & Family rate on their site for only $39.

I am using this to get my 25th stay this for the year. Fingers crossed that it posts without any hassles.

aussielori Dec 24, 2009 2:07 am

didnt someone say family and friends did not get the stay credit?

RAPC Dec 24, 2009 2:27 am

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 13047047)

Starwood Lurker confirmed that the friends and family rate on that particular promo is an eligible rate. It appears that there has been some confusion at the SPG end as to whether this should have counted or not.

It should be eligible, but you may have to push to get credit.

There was a similar Florida friends and family rate promo this summer that I used at a couple of properties and they posted with no problems.

gfowler-ord-1k Dec 24, 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by aussielori (Post 13047047)

I had problems getting the points and credit and had quite a few email exchanges until I finally got someone who knew what they were doing and the reply included the following
...Please be assured that all agents involved will be re-trained on policies and procedures in regards to Starfriend rate and Family and Friends rate....
See the Four Points PHX thread and this post for more info.

$39 ($43.79 AI) is a fantastic deal. However the club lounge has been closed sometimes in the evening recently and they give you an IMO inadequate $15 F&B credit voucher instead. They also add a 18% service charge to the bill which is not covered by the voucher. I refused to pay it, but that is a different story.

FedUp2 Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k (Post 13047463)
... I refused to pay it, but that is a different story.

Do tell that story - inquiring minds want to know!

vysean Dec 31, 2009 7:39 pm

I checked in a few hours ago and was told that my rate (the one quoted here) absolutely did not qualify for points/stay credit. Guess I'll have to fight it. Planning to charge something small to the room to force a points credit.

Also has an innop ice maker on the 8th floor. I had asked for a mini-fridge since the room has none and was told it would be $20 per day. I said I'd be happy with using ice to cool beverages, but I wasn't going to go up and down floors each time I wanted ice. They brought up a mini-fridge about twenty minutes later.

Just a club floor upgrade, but it looks like that's all that is available. And for $39, I can't say I expect much more.

MarshKing Jan 1, 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13089504)
I checked in a few hours ago and was told that my rate (the one quoted here) absolutely did not qualify for points/stay credit. Guess I'll have to fight it.

I ended up having 2 stays, neither of which received stay credit. I spent an hour on the phone with (an outstanding) Platinum Concierge to get it sorted out, and he spoke to several people at the hotel who kept saying that the stay would not earn credit. Long story short, Starwood Lurker came to the rescue and coordinated with the Platinum Concierge to get the stays posted. (Thanks again, William!)

JFKSFOLAX_friend Jan 1, 2010 11:28 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k (Post 13047463)
$39 ($43.79 AI) is a fantastic deal.

they give you an IMO inadequate $15 F&B credit voucher instead.

So, I just wanted to clarify: you think a $15 F&B credit voucher on a $39 room is "inadequate?" If we are, indeed, on the same wavelength, mind if I ask why you think the voucher is inadequate?

(Keep in mind, club lounges aren't even required by Starwood/SPG (they are an "extra" voluntary amenity provided by the property).)

I would have been thrilled with a $5 voucher.

travelista Jan 1, 2010 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by MarshKing (Post 13091869)
I ended up having 2 stays, neither of which received stay credit. I spent an hour on the phone with (an outstanding) Platinum Concierge to get it sorted out, and he spoke to several people at the hotel who kept saying that the stay would not earn credit. Long story short, Starwood Lurker came to the rescue and coordinated with the Platinum Concierge to get the stays posted. (Thanks again, William!)

Thanks for the post MarshKing - -good to know that yours worked. I waited two weeks for mine to be revised - - after speaking practically daily to various hotel staff members, 3 different Plat Concierge reps, one email to SPG's customer service...

all to end with a RUDE conversation with an SPG Plat Concierge NYE telling me that my stay did NOT qualify. (Needless to say, I booked another night yesterday...)

Ugh! I should have just emailed William... maybe I'll do that now.

Thanks! :)

gfowler-ord-1k Jan 2, 2010 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 13092032)
So, I just wanted to clarify: you think a $15 F&B credit voucher on a $39 room is "inadequate?" ...

The lounge benefit is a Platinum benefit which is irrespective of the rate paid. Even if someone paid for a room with executive lounge access they were only offering the $15 credit. BTW, I paid the Starpicks $59 rate a few weeks ago before the $39 was offered.

Originally Posted by FedUp2 (Post 13048295)
Do tell that story - inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry for taking so long to respond but I will be opening a new thread on it and will post here the link.

gfowler-ord-1k Jan 2, 2010 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by travelista (Post 13092463)
Thanks for the post MarshKing - -good to know that yours worked. I waited two weeks for mine to be revised - - after speaking practically daily to various hotel staff members, 3 different Plat Concierge reps, one email to SPG's customer service...

all to end with a RUDE conversation with an SPG Plat Concierge NYE telling me that my stay did NOT qualify. (Needless to say, I booked another night yesterday...)

Ugh! I should have just emailed William... maybe I'll do that now.

Thanks! :)

I had a similar fight but finally found someone who knew what they were doing. It looks like our Lurkers have their work cut out for them when they return from the holidays and/or military service.

JFKSFOLAX_friend Jan 2, 2010 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k (Post 13097853)
The lounge benefit is a Platinum benefit which is irrespective of the rate paid. Even if someone paid for a room with executive lounge access they were only offering the $15 credit.

True, but lounges are a voluntary amenity. Starwood does not require lounges. So, if I was on a $39 rate, I would think that any voucher would be above & beyond the call of duty.

gfowler-ord-1k Jan 2, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 13098790)
True, but lounges are a voluntary amenity. Starwood does not require lounges.....

If I am wrong I welcome the correction but I believe that lounges are part of the Sheraton brand standard.

JFKSFOLAX_friend Jan 2, 2010 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k (Post 13098809)
If I am wrong I welcome the correction but I believe that lounges are part of the Sheraton brand standard.

Yes, that would be 100% incorrect.