Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
^ for the great find, Potreroflyr!

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TMOTEE
I just booked a room for next Feb. The email confirmation shows the rate as *C* US DOLLARS

Isn't this the designation for an award stay ?
An update:

I just tried to cancel one of my reservations and you can not cancel online. You have to call. It is showing as an award stay.

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Thanx OP booked the Sunset suite for a few nights . May have to have a LA DOO ..
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:34 pm

The Sunset Suite is available tonight if anyone is interested.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
An update:

I just tried to cancel one of my reservations and you can not cancel online. You have to call. It is showing as an award stay.
Please don't call , let this quiet down in a few days/hours.. then everyone can decide what to do with 10 different reservations
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Please don't call , let this quiet down in a few days/hours.. then everyone can decide what to do with 10 different reservations
Definitley !

Just giving the info.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
Thanx OP booked the Sunset suite for a few nights . May have to have a LA DOO ..
Sounds good to me. Monthly meetings Whos got the next reservation there? My first is Nov 18th. Let s see if they honor.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thesilb
I like a good deal like the next guy, but I want to remind people here that these are the very folks who threw us all a terrific FlyerTalk free party a few months ago.

Just a suggestion, perhaps you all can take that into account before you go off and book this all year or press them to honor it. These are good folk, they "did us right".
Yeah, I didn't get to go. Did you?

But you're right. Obviously this is some sort of, er, irregularity. Or else one hair-brained scheme of a promotion.

Hyatt is also the one who ran a "secret" one day sale recently, and failed to notify ANYONE, as far as I read (correct me if I'm wrong). So, they have a strange way of doing things, to say the least.

IF this is an error, I'm glad to be able to point it out for their IT department. I'm sure a reasonable accomodation (no pun intended) can and will be reached for all parties. And, it could result in publicity beyond what Hyatt could ever purchase for the cost of the rooms.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Thanks! I booked a night at the WeHo hotel for December. I guess we will all be wondering if the rate will be honored.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
An update:

I was able to cancel my reservation online - no issues
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was just working on a reservation for an upcoming stay here right before Thanksgiving. It's a work stay and our corporate rate is very reasonable for the nights, but I couldnt resist the urge to at least try this "deal." I'm glad I'm not really going to be relying on it though!
Looks like someone just outright forgot to numbers in the rate field...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Thanks! I booked a night at the WeHo hotel for December. I guess we will all be wondering if the rate will be honored.
You paid nothing so you'll get nothing.

As a Hyatt Diamond member I shall decline taking part.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Originally Posted by thesilb
I like a good deal like the next guy, but I want to remind people here that these are the very folks who threw us all a terrific FlyerTalk free party a few months ago.

Just a suggestion, perhaps you all can take that into account before you go off and book this all year or press them to honor it. These are good folk, they "did us right".
I guess for the FTers who could not make the party, The hotel is providing FTers rooms for next to nothin . Keep on booking , Hyatt is a big corporation with deep pockets.. At least us FTers are taking up unsold rooms and providing employment for the staff..
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Great find, OP. Fingers are crossed hoping it works. I'm guessing somebody's gonna have a migraine when they discover this tomorrow AM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:10 pm

I'm not able to get this rate :/

maybe they fixed it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.