Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by a330300
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London refused to honor a FF booking, stating at check-in that "it hadn't been booked properly". Front desk stated that the employee was supposed to email an authorization directly to the hotel and that this process had been in place for years.
I stayed there a couple of years ago on the F&F rate, just asked the employee name and work place, was offered an upgrade to the executive room for £45, totally worth it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by a330300
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London refused to honor a FF booking, stating at check-in that "it hadn't been booked properly". Front desk stated that the employee was supposed to email an authorization directly to the hotel and that this process had been in place for years.
Strange. I stayed at the same hotel on F&F rate just 3 weeks ago, during check-in I was asked for Radisson group employee name, I provided one and the rate was honored without further ado.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by zdeneksme
Strange. I stayed at the same hotel on F&F rate just 3 weeks ago, during check-in I was asked for Radisson group employee name, I provided one and the rate was honored without further ado.
What's even more odd is that we had actually been upgraded to a suite prior to arrival on account of my Gold status.

It didn't help that I had a trainee front desk agent - every small variation on the reservation threw her for a loop and resulted in long trip to the front desk manager.

I explained that our Carlson contact was on vacation herself and could not be reached at this point - absolutely no budging. Was offered a rack rate and we declined, and we rebooked elsewhere.

Last edited by a330300; Jun 26, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Even earlier this month, the PP Westminster Bridge was fine with being provided just the employee's name and location. An authorization form? I would just push back and say that's not been required by Carlson as long as I've known the people I know at Carlson and been using this rate.

Originally Posted by goodo
I have a general question about this rate. I know someone that works at CWT, so I could use it, how restrictive though is the rate? As in if there's a room available can you get the F&F rate, or is it capacity controlled and you might only find it available at a particular hotel on 4 dates within the next 3 months?

thanks
goodo
It's extremely capacity controlled. Some properties are more generous than others with this.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:55 pm

Seems like this rate gets less and less available with each passing year...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Received this email the day after booking a F&F rate at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam. I've never been asked about this prior to arrival at the hotel. Is this a sign of things to come or have I just been lucky in the past?

"Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson BLU Hotel as your home away from home in Amsterdam!

The reason why I am contacting you, is concerning your reservation for the 26th of November for 1 night.
Since the reservation is booked with a Friends & Family Rate, we would like to ask if you can contact your friend or relative through which the reservation is made and ask if he or she can contact us with their Rezidor email.
We will need to receive an email from their work email address to make sure that the room is booked with their knowledge and that the discounted rate is given correctly.
If we do not hear anything from the Rezidor employee prior to your arrival, your discounted rate is not officially granted.

Do hope to have informed you sufficiently and I hope to hear from you soon.
In case there is anything else that we can do, please do not hesitate to let us know.

With kind regards,"
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Now that occupancy is high they are simply restricting the abuse....
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
As they have the right to do and should.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Fair enough, but maybe we should change the wiki to indicate the new normal.

"When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:

1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time."
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like this is being abused from all sides. Guests who are not really eligible and hotels asking for employee details in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:52 pm

Last edited by xlogo; Jul 15, 2017 at 2:41 am Reason: ..
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
Sounds like this is being abused from all sides. Guests who are not really eligible and hotels asking for employee details in advance.
As simply another data point, I used the rate last weekend in Zurich airport and was asked for neither name nor a work location (both of which I legitimately have btw).

Family members are using it in ARN in a couple of weeks time while positioning for a QR flight to JNB, will add an update in relation to that in due course.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
It is not common in Canada, may be Chinese Holiday.

Good afternoon Mr.C

Thank you for your booking with us for October 15, 2017. I see that you have booked on the Friends & Family rate. As we verify all Friends & Family rates, we like to do this prior to your arrival so that we are not holding up your check in with us. Could you please advise whom you know and at which Radisson so that we may verify the information prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you on October 15, 2017.

Thank you,

Reservations Manager
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
8181 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC V6X 3X9
Ph direct: 604-279-8384 Ph: 604-276-8181

Last edited by ncncyoo; Sep 27, 2017 at 10:36 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked online @$70 plus tax with FF code at Country INN/Suites, Marquette, MI for Sat 9/30. (asking $200 without code) No questions asked at checkin. Overall B+ stay. (I'm a stickler for the little things.) PM for more about this property.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
As simply another data point, I used the rate last weekend in Zurich airport and was asked for neither name nor a work location (both of which I legitimately have btw).

Family members are using it in ARN in a couple of weeks time while positioning for a QR flight to JNB, will add an update in relation to that in due course.
just to follow up, family members stayed one night at the Radisson SkyCity at ARN last week, two rooms, no questions asked and got room upgrades and a 6pm checkout (requested) included for the FF rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.