Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by alham
I stayed at a property a few weeks back using this F&F rate. I gave an employee details, they reached out to him and he could not verify he knew me, he did know of me actually, vaguely, though must have said otherwise. The property now plan to charge me the full rack amount having been accepted on this rate and long since charged. Is there any recourse? Had I known I had to involve the employee in the booking I wouldn't have done so.
Wow, CC must be cutting those loopholes hard..
First, 2-for-1/4-for-2 gone for Gold, now this

I won't bother in future
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by alham
I stayed at a property a few weeks back using this F&F rate. I gave an employee details, they reached out to him and he could not verify he knew me, he did know of me actually, vaguely, though must have said otherwise. The property now plan to charge me the full rack amount having been accepted on this rate and long since charged. Is there any recourse? Had I known I had to involve the employee in the booking I wouldn't have done so.
If you didn't sign something or otherwise authorize the hotel to charge you a rate other than the one which you had accepted, you can dispute the charges via the credit card company (if applicable) too.

Some people keep special bank cards for use in a way so as to limit hotels from charging way more than expected.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, CC must be cutting those loopholes hard..
First, 2-for-1/4-for-2 gone for Gold, now this

I won't bother in future
written by someone with only 4 posts and no property name give.... I wouldn't lose too much sleep.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You got caught so pay up...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
written by someone with only 4 posts and no property name give.... I wouldn't lose too much sleep.
I have a more than 4 posts and I know for a fact it happened with another person. Same story, they wanted confirmation from the friend, didn't get one, charged BAR.

And FYI, dispute did not go through as they fought it back hard. The employee got involved as well and contested he didn't know the customer therefore he wasn't eligible for the rate.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Thanks. Was able to book the Radisson Suites on Liverpool. Breakfast seems to be included with the rate.
In Radisson Suites Sydney now, $104.14 AUD, breakfast for 2 included, no name. Stayed 2 weeks ago, 2 nights, same as this stay. Great staff. (Breakfast buffet is $25 otherwise and quite good.)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I have a more than 4 posts and I know for a fact it happened with another person. Same story, they wanted confirmation from the friend, didn't get one, charged BAR.

And FYI, dispute did not go through as they fought it back hard. The employee got involved as well and contested he didn't know the customer therefore he wasn't eligible for the rate.
Easy there. I wasn't referring to any of your posts. So I'm not sure why you're at me. It wasn't my stay. I can't remember the last time I used this rate (even though I have a friend's name who is a carlson employee) or have one planned. So I'm not sure why you're trying to 'teach me a lesson'.

Use this rate or any rate you're not entitled to at these hotels or at any hotel chain and you're taking a risk--and be prepared to pay. This is common sense.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:18 am

This is a huge thread. Looking to go to Myrtle in May, where can I find this family and friends code?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It never stops.....
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
It never stops.....
Actually not only does it never stop, it's getting worse. Is it some weird self entitled thing. Why bother reading....somebody should just tell me what to do, seems to be the trending at FT. Sad.

Also to those that get caught without the proper creds....newsflash....you are not entitled to the rate so pay up or move on.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
For anybody who needs a friend for this offer. Now you can stop asking.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by seawolf
For anybody who needs a friend for this offer. Now you can stop asking.
not bad would love to try that and see reaction
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FFlash
not bad would love to try that and see reaction
More amusing is when the board member knows your family, the front desk staff refuses to believe it, and the board member says that there is such a thing as non-employee board members.

This is from before HNA's takeover.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:16 pm
FnF
Suspended

Originally Posted by vballny23
Based on a reservation request I just made for Boston over President's Day weekend, I tried using the F&F promotional code OP provided and it seemed to work leading me to believe the expiration date has been extended at least through Feb'10. Have not tried dates further out. I did not see anywhere in T&C/fine print where breakfast is included with F&F rate as others have noted. Does it vary by hotel?
Originally Posted by babs
Does this offer still work? and I assume no ID required? as the rates still appear on the website if you type in the code
What is the promotional code for F&F ? I'm looking to book now, does it still work ? What hotels does it work for ? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:19 pm
FnF
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jessica Gilbert
This is a huge thread. Looking to go to Myrtle in May, where can I find this family and friends code?
Did you find the code and the details, which hotel etc. Please help. I'm looking to book soon too. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.