Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:42 am

Hello everyone,
I have been using this rate for quite a few years, and, just to make it clear, am a legitimate user of it: I have a friend working at Carlson Wagonlit who has already had to confirm a few times that she does actually "know" me.

I am trying to book this rate for next year at the properties in Basel and Antwerp but cannot find the rate at all. I do find it possible to book it for 2017, but not for 2018. The notification i always get is "Rate not offered".

Does anyone of you know if the rate will no more be offered at all in 2018? Or has the rate code (CARLSONF) been changed? My friend told me she could not find any information about a change for 2018.

Thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Sixt DIA, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP
the rate seems to be based on availability, maybe just try other dates. change the duration and keep on checking back on a regular basis.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Also, different hotels seem to load the rate at different times?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
It is not common in Canada, may be Chinese Holiday.

Good afternoon Mr.C

Thank you for your booking with us for October 15, 2017. I see that you have booked on the Friends & Family rate. As we verify all Friends & Family rates, we like to do this prior to your arrival so that we are not holding up your check in with us. Could you please advise whom you know and at which Radisson so that we may verify the information prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you on October 15, 2017.

Thank you,

Reservations Manager
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
8181 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC V6X 3X9
Ph direct: 604-279-8384 Ph: 604-276-8181
Just for reference, they did confused with employee rate and ask for permission from my relative and need to fax the approval before check in.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:33 pm

Radisson Manchester, NH (https://www.radisson.com/manchester-...3101/nhmanch): no questions asked
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by jock1234567890
Hello everyone,
I have been using this rate for quite a few years, and, just to make it clear, am a legitimate user of it: I have a friend working at Carlson Wagonlit who has already had to confirm a few times that she does actually "know" me.

I am trying to book this rate for next year at the properties in Basel and Antwerp but cannot find the rate at all. I do find it possible to book it for 2017, but not for 2018. The notification i always get is "Rate not offered".

Does anyone of you know if the rate will no more be offered at all in 2018? Or has the rate code (CARLSONF) been changed? My friend told me she could not find any information about a change for 2018.

Thank you.
I'm noticing the same thing for 2018 in Helsinki. Up to and including 12/31/17 is available, nothing available after that.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The rates for 2018 will most likely be loaded later on. Wait it out.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Any experience using F&F rate at Radisson Blu Cebu? Questions asked, breakfast included?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by palcsaky
Any experience using F&F rate at Radisson Blu Cebu? Questions asked, breakfast included?
Yes. Last time they emailed me about the contact details and threatened to cancel my reservation if I don't send them asap. Had to email GM to sort it out. When I checked in they verified my contact. Breakfast was included. Huge choice but mainly for Asian tastes. Great property and pool. Enjoyed my stay
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:11 pm

Does anybody have experiences with the Radisson Blu Hotel Los Angeles Midtown at USC?

Any questions about employee name and work location?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Yes. Last time they emailed me about the contact details and threatened to cancel my reservation if I don't send them asap. Had to email GM to sort it out. When I checked in they verified my contact. Breakfast was included. Huge choice but mainly for Asian tastes. Great property and pool. Enjoyed my stay
Thanks for that. I may have to book the Bayfront next door as a back up
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by palcsaky
Stayed there in February - no questions asked. Fabulous hotel. Breakfast and taxes included.

Booked a couple of weeks ago for January - so far haven't received any demands.
palcsaky likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AC *P
Hi, does anyone have recent experience with Park Plaza London Park Royal?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Buddy0707
Does anybody have experiences with the Radisson Blu Hotel Los Angeles Midtown at USC?

Any questions about employee name and work location?
No questions asked, this was about 2 years so.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Maayan
Stayed there in February - no questions asked. Fabulous hotel. Breakfast and taxes included.

Booked a couple of weeks ago for January - so far haven't received any demands.
It now appears to have been pulled at Cebu RB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.