Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:43 pm

double post

Last edited by originalbadman; Aug 17, 2010 at 9:39 am
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
goldpoint plus points ?

Did you guys get goldpoint plus points when you stayed on such rates?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Did you guys get goldpoint plus points when you stayed on such rates?
No.. except in some very few hotels its specified that you will get Points.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:09 am

Booked the Radisson on Lexington Ave in NYC earlier for $80 a night. Just got back and had no problems. No questions about which employee I knew. Was even able to upgrade to a King Suite for an extra $17 a night.

Thanks!! This forum is awesome.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:19 pm

Just checked in at the Radisson in Halifax, Canada. No question asked, but at the checkin I was told, that a very special room was waiting for me: I can't complain - a nice two room suite at the top level. According to the room map, it should be the largest room in the hotel. I don't really know what to do with all this space, but I'm not going to complain :-).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FTMucGer
Just checked in at the Radisson in Halifax, Canada. No question asked, but at the checkin I was told, that a very special room was waiting for me: I can't complain - a nice two room suite at the top level. According to the room map, it should be the largest room in the hotel. I don't really know what to do with all this space, but I'm not going to complain :-).
Lucky you ^ What room did you book?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
No fair! I was at the same Halifax property on this rate a few weeks ago and got stuck with a dingy room on a low (loud) floor and was told there was only a smoking room available on "that rate"!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked the Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney for US $85 including taxes. I looked earlier for the F&F rate in Sydney several times, but neither Radisson was offering it. I thought I'd try one last time before I booked something more expensive.

I decided to try just the last two nights of my 3-night stay, and this time it popped up at the F&F rate. I tried adding the first night, but no go and when I went back to 2 nights, it no longer showed up. Shoot!

Then I tried single nights, no go. I tried the first 2 nights, no go. Then when I tried the middle night again, it showed up and I booked it immediately.

I then tried the last night again and it showed up, so I booked that, too. I was never able to book the first night, but I think I'll try again later.

So I have 2 single-night reservations for a 45-sq m n/s King room with balcony and complimentary cable broadband. No breakfast included so I don't have to worry about being cheated out of it. There's only a shower, but that's what I use.

There's an indoor pool, spa, sauna and gym, so I can get some exercise, and the hotel gets good reviews at tripadvisor.com -- 4 of 5, 85%, ranked 30 of 235. It's walking distance from the train station, 5-6 blocks, and close to Chinatown. Circular Quay is a bit of a hike, but I can use the exercise.

I sure hope the first night opens up. I think I lucked out here.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:10 am

Radisson Warwick Philadelphia

Just booked 2 rooms for Thanksgiving weekend at the Warwick in Philly using the F&F codes. Got it for $80.00 a nite. checked with the hotel directly for the lowest rate which is $131.00 a nite. Great savings !! Thanks for the codes. I did look up a name of someone at the Boston Radisson in case I am approached for a name of a friend who referred me. Will report back once my stay is over...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
...I sure hope the first night opens up. I think I lucked out here.
The first night, Sept. 2, opened up at the Radisson, but on examining the hotel's cancellation policy, I found that it must be canceled before Sept. 1, and I have a tight connection at LAX on Aug. 31. Since it will already be Sept. 1 in Sydney by the time I get to LAX, I won't be able to cancel it if I miss the connection. I'll have to wing it the first night, I guess.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Plan to use the code for an upcoming stay. Two quick questions: any successes in getting cashback from Radisson on this rate? So far the only way to get cashback that I have noticed is through Radisson Edwardian website that can earn you 3% at quidco or cashbackkings. Not too generous,but since I plan to stay several nights, it will add up just enough to pay for my airport taxi. Another question: I assume my chances for getting BMI miles on FF rate is the same as getting goldpoints, i.e. close to zero. Or is there some smart way to retro-claim it,without triggering the rate issue?
Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Thanks for posting this information....I booked a stay in July 2011 at the Toronto Radisson....hopefully there are no problems with the reservations as it is so far in advance!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I just booked the Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney for US $85 including taxes. I looked earlier for the F&F rate in Sydney several times, but neither Radisson was offering it. I thought I'd try one last time before I booked something more expensive.

I decided to try just the last two nights of my 3-night stay, and this time it popped up at the F&F rate. I tried adding the first night, but no go and when I went back to 2 nights, it no longer showed up. Shoot!

Then I tried single nights, no go. I tried the first 2 nights, no go. Then when I tried the middle night again, it showed up and I booked it immediately.

I then tried the last night again and it showed up, so I booked that, too. I was never able to book the first night, but I think I'll try again later.
I reserved some nights in Amsterdam for 80 EUR, but also noticed that availability changes constantly. Searching within a minutes showed properties available and then not available for the FF rate and vice versa. Since the bookings are changeable I suggest booking as soon as a property shows up with availability.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thumbs up Radisson Saskatoon

Used this code at the Radisson downtown Saskatoon, no questions asked. The hotel is undergoing some renos so the pool is closed and there is construction stuff in the lobby but the guest rooms are newly renovated and lovely. Had a great (and cheap!) dinner at Winston's Pub around the corner. Thanks OP!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:29 am

Country Inn & Suites - Calgary Airport

I used this code and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Calgary Airport and had no problem checking in as well - no question asked. The hotel is located in an industrial area but it didn't bother us a bit because we checked in at 11 PM and left at 9 AM the next day. Our 1 BR suite was quite nice and the breakfast spread was quite good.

When I checked out, I asked if I would earn Goldpoints. The front desk clerk took my number and punched it in, however I just checked my statement and no points have been posted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.