Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 19, 18, 10:25 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhatnasx
Wiki Link
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 31, 10, 5:52 am

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tenerife View Post
Guess we'd better go by another Radisson before next September and write down an employee's name, in case what Aldemar posted is true!
Googling "Radisson general manager" should turn up some useful results.
Old Aug 3, 10, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by aldemar View Post
Officially the carlson family and friend code "carlsonf" is bookable until the end of 2010.
However the code works for bookings until the end of 2011.
The rate is fixed now depending on brand at $70-$80 +tax, resp. 70€-80€, which means savings of up to 80%.
Do I run into any problems when using the code for 2011 bookings?

I have read in another forum that somebody was charged BAR as he could not tell the frontdesk staff the friend's name and hotel he works for.
Ah, good to know. For some reason I thought it was ending on July 31st.

Last edited by albertinio; Aug 11, 10 at 2:23 pm
Old Aug 4, 10, 3:05 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kopflyer View Post
Googling "Radisson general manager" should turn up some useful results.
Having a reservation at Radisson Blu Bucharest , they called me on the phone two days before the stay to be prepared to turn up the "special internal form" signed by the Carslon employee (faxed copy accepted). I was quick to cancel ... anyone else with similar experience?
Old Aug 4, 10, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by pepsii View Post
Having a reservation at Radisson Blu Bucharest , they called me on the phone two days before the stay to be prepared to turn up the "special internal form" signed by the Carslon employee (faxed copy accepted). I was quick to cancel ... anyone else with similar experience?
If the hotel call you two days before the stay, when you have purchased airline tickets ..... that may be the end of the bargain.
Old Aug 4, 10, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
The game is up. Had a call from one hotel I booked to ask for the Radisson employee who made the booking. Aparantely they were checking due to some "misuse" of this rate

Looks like I'll have to start cancelling.
Old Aug 4, 10, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by piblo View Post
If the hotel call you two days before the stay, when you have purchased airline tickets ..... that may be the end of the bargain.

luckily i had a backup . Anyhow - i actually know some people working for Carlson and will try to get further details ...
Old Aug 4, 10, 10:11 am

Oh no...I just booked yesterday with Country Inn in Calgary. I wonder if I should cancel and switch to Holiday Inn Express (non-refundable F&F rate).
Old Aug 5, 10, 9:42 am

OK. Just checked out from Radisson Blu Lucerne in Switzerland, a three night stay, and this code saved me about 70% off their regular price .

Nothing was mentioned by check out about the price, just took my creidt card to make the payment.

many thanks to FT !!!!
Old Aug 5, 10, 10:01 pm

Staying at a property this weekend... no call... no questions... just googled a name or two and will see what happens.....
Old Aug 6, 10, 5:28 am

Programs: GPP SILVER, HH GOLD
@ jetstreamer

==> Can you please give us the name of the hotel who called you?

I think it's good to make a list of these hotels.
Old Aug 6, 10, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by pepsii View Post

Me, I got an email from the Radisson Zurich that I should "urgently" contact them
Old Aug 6, 10, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by vantheman69 View Post
@ jetstreamer

==> Can you please give us the name of the hotel who called you?

I think it's good to make a list of these hotels.
I refer you to the hotel mentioned in the post immediately above. None of my other bookings have prompted any contact (yet). Hoefully just a Swiss thing!
Old Aug 8, 10, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed two nights at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia in Copenhagen last week, and they didn't ask for anything. When I came down for breakfast, though, they told me that there was no breakfast included in the rate. All I had with me was the printout of the online booking, which said nothing about breakfast. But when I checked out, the receipt they gave me had "...& breakfast" printed on it, and when I got back to my emails, the email from Radisson also mentioned breakfast.

So either hotels are free to disregard the terms or this hotel is pulling a fast one. I suspect the latter, because they were chintzy in other ways -- I've never seen low-grade rough toilet paper in an upper-level hotel before, and they didn't replenish the small bar of soap, even though it was tiny by the time the maid service neatened up.
Old Aug 9, 10, 7:47 am

Programs: AC Elite, *A Gold
Great Experience

I had a good experience through Carlson Friends and Family at the Radisson Blu hotels in Berlin and Dresden last spring. Looking forward to another stay in the fall. This is great PR for the hotels, as we recommended them to other couples traveling later.

Is there a Carlson employee who would lend his/her name in case any of us are asked in future?
Old Aug 9, 10, 8:23 am

Programs: AA-1MM, AF-Silver
Another date point - I recently stayed at a Radisson in Colorado. I checked in fine, no questions. But when I checked out, the desk clerk asked for the name of a family friend which I happily provided.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: