Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
no questions asked so far during check-in in Stockholm - lovely city - but outstanding hotel!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Which hotel in Stockholm?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
Anyone who wants to visit Stockholm should give the 1 year old Radisson Waterfront a try... it's located aside the central station - nice, warm and comfy loungelike interior - very nice staff - nice room (flat-TV, great bathroom/shower - nice amenities)

If someone likes - I can send some pics.

no questions asked
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kaidus
Anyone who wants to visit Stockholm should give the 1 year old Radisson Waterfront a try... it's located aside the central station - nice, warm and comfy loungelike interior - very nice staff - nice room (flat-TV, great bathroom/shower - nice amenities)

If someone likes - I can send some pics.

no questions asked
Pictures would be much appreciated.Thank you beforehand.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
:td: Warning for Westminister Bridge London

yep, it finally happened....was asked employee name, office and contact details....and insisted on giving them a telephone number for contacting the person so making up name didn't quite work......it's not even because of a more diligent staff, it pop'd up on their system bright red next to the rate and its requirements when checking in so no way you can avoid being ask I'm afraid......

Ended up just bidding for a room on Priceline - luckily got a room at Hilton Green Park.

Shame, the hotel suited me perfectly.....I expect this would be the case across London....
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I am so going to tell them my friend's name is Ivor Biggun.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Smackie3000
yep, it finally happened....was asked employee name, office and contact details....and insisted on giving them a telephone number for contacting the person so making up name didn't quite work......it's not even because of a more diligent staff, it pop'd up on their system bright red next to the rate and its requirements when checking in so no way you can avoid being ask I'm afraid......

Ended up just bidding for a room on Priceline - luckily got a room at Hilton Green Park.

Shame, the hotel suited me perfectly.....I expect this would be the case across London....
You just need to think here. If you're going to London, find a hotel in say Mexico. Google for 10 minutes to find out who the GM is, and write down their phone number, name, and meaningful contact information. Then think about your relationship. How about your wife's cousin? No one from a UK hotel will call this hotel, and even if they do, the language barrier will make communication difficult.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: qff
Smile Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans LA; USA

Got Family & Friends rates here recently for four nights during the week. No questions asked. Were able to extend over the weekend on the same rate.

$70/night (excl. tax) which included a decent breakfast. Got a small (but fairly quiet) king room. Car parking was expensive at $30/night, but the hotel is in a good position for a short walk to most touristy things in New Orleans.

Many thanks to posters here - I saved a minimum of $30/night on (discounted) rates listed on hotels.com.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Smackie3000

Hmm, I have tried to get a F&F stay at the PP Westminster and came across no availability. dates for mid-May. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:10 pm

Hamburg, DE: The Radisson Blu has F&F rate of 80euro AND the website write-up states that the breakfast as of January, 2012 will cost 24euro/person. We are looking for a hotel in Hamburg and now will look further re deals.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
You just need to think here. If you're going to London, find a hotel in say Mexico. Google for 10 minutes to find out who the GM is, and write down their phone number, name, and meaningful contact information. Then think about your relationship. How about your wife's cousin? No one from a UK hotel will call this hotel, and even if they do, the language barrier will make communication difficult.
Not only is this unethical, but downright stupid. Perhaps the stereotype is clouding your mind, but most educated Mexicans can speak English well. Not only that, but this is 2012 - where the requirement for most general managers of large hotels around the world must have a strong understanding of English. There will not be a language barrier, no matter how hard you try.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: SQ
Then this whole thread is unethical.

Listen, I'm not saying anything about the English ability of Mexicans and no stereotype is distracting me. I'm just picking a random example. The guy got turned away from the property because he booked a FF rate without planning in advance. I've never been asked and am a loyal Radisson customer who often pays regular rates, but when I do use it I'm prepared.

Do you really think the UK property would call the Mexican property? Thats what i meant, not that Mexicans suck at speaking English.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Then this whole thread is unethical.
Which makes me wonder why it's still even open. At this point, everybody knows the deal. There's no need for any additional postings - as they all, at this point, go against the spirit of ethics and using the deal in good faith when you are truley entitled to it. I'm surprised the mods havent closed it - unless this is which Flyertalk stands for - ways to scam/cheat deals to get the most out of it. Thats not what it is to me, but keeping this topic open to discuss what seems to be a fairly easy topic to understand as to whether or not this deal is applicable to you, seems to counteract that.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by moeser
Pictures would be much appreciated.Thank you beforehand.
I think I'll post a quick report about this trip soon...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
This thread has potential use if only to simply confirm that all is still well, and to report and twists and turns that may come about along the way.

FT is many things to many people, and if this - or any thread for that matter - offends anyone's sensibilities then may I respectfully suggest that you focus your attention to threads whose content are more to your liking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.