Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
radiss new world shanghai

just used the rate at the radisson new world shanghai, no questions about staff name on check inn, got even upgraded to business room - so cant complain
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:46 pm

Employee

An employee name and location is required at the time of check in for my reservation in February. Is there anyone that can share their information so I can check in okay?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Seriously People! STOP asking for friends!!! just google them or read through this damn thread!!

checked in Plaza on the River in London on Jan 12th. They asked for the name and location of the employee. I got my "friend" by reading the thread! and thats all they required.
Breakfast was included. Great hotel! recommend for sure!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:25 am

Just cancelled a booking I had for Halifax Nova Scotia. Was a little worried about needing a friends name. Found a better rate using priceline (Westin Hotel) so decided to do that and take any worry/risk out of trying to use this rate.

I have looked up a name or two and will use them if I need to in the future.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: LH FTL
Through 2010 and 2011 I have been on the following properties without any questions or trouble with FF rate:

Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel - Bratislava
Radisson Blu Park Hotel - Dresden Radebeul
Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel - Prague
Radisson Blu Hotel - Lisbon
Radisson Hotel Narita - Tokyo (no breakfast, free shuttle to Airport)
Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz - Berlin
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel - Brussels (got upgraded after they allocate me an already occupied room!!!)
Park Plaza Vondelpark - Amsterdam
art'otel budapest, by park plaza - Budapest

All stays with breakfast included (except Narita), best one in my opinion got to be Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: CARLSON
For many places you are asked for a name and a location.

Stayed with the promocode at Radisson BLU Scandinavia in Oslo from 14th january `12 and was just asked for the name and location of one of my carlson friends. Was even upgraded to business room with no extra pay. Breakfest is also included. Price 625 NOK / 90 USD.

In addition: CAREMPRT is an even better code, but then you need a form from a friend of you. This equeals to travel with an ID ticket in an airline company.

PS: I do not work for Carlson but know people in this great company
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by caines737

In addition: CAREMPRT is an even better code, but then you need a form from a friend of you. This equeals to travel with an ID ticket in an airline company.
The code mentioned above sounds like a code for Carlson Employees only.
I doubt that any non-employee can use it unless you stay at a Carlson property where your friend works (assuming that he/she has a managerial role).

RM
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:54 am

Just completed a New Orleans FF stay. No questions asked. Hotel was very nice (although our room overlooking the lobby was quite loud -- sound died down at around midnight). Breakfast was tasty.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Just checked into the Raddison Blu Hotel in Chicago.. NO questions asked..
Very nice hotel and got a upgrade..
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
This seems perfect to combine with the US Airways off-peak awards...now if only someone I knew worked for Carlson. Feel free to introduce yourself via a PM

edit: Guess i have to read through to find my "friend"'s name
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:34 pm

Also no problem with Radisson Blu in Milan, Italy.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
I have not found any availability for the F&F rate in Paris for mid February. Is there a code that works there, or are they simply out of the program?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by TheCount2
I have not found any availability for the F&F rate in Paris for mid February. Is there a code that works there, or are they simply out of the program?
They get taken very quickly. You need to search months in advance.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Enigma
They get taken very quickly. You need to search months in advance.
Plus it is not available in some hotels and is not available every day (e.g. some hotels will only offer it on a Wednesday night or whenever is a weak day for them)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Too bad there isn't any hotel in Waikiki.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.