Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: EI Gold Circle, A3 *G, AB Gold & 3rd place East Leinster High Jump (1996)
Originally Posted by englisha
Anyone tried using the Travel agent rate (easily searchable on google)? Not prepared to risk it myself, but just curious.
Just took a quick peek - 50% discount.

Not a realistic proposition though, unless you can actually meet the requirements or are an utter chancer.

Features:
- Rate for Travel Agent employees on personal travel only- IATA number must be included on the reservation
Instructions:
- ID/Certificate required at check-in Limit of 1 room per ID/Certificate No points/miles awarded Rate may not be booked for more than 5 nights. 1 night minimum stay required.- Must present letter from manager on company letterhead at the time of check-in or an IATAN Travel Agent identification card- Rate not eligible for Gold Points, Look To Book points, or miles
Guarantee Policy:
- 4:00 PM hold accepted- Credit card holds accepted- Travel agency holds accepted
Cancellation Policy:
- Cancel by 4:00 PM hotel time on Mar 16 2014 = no penalty.- Late cancel or no show will be charged 99.50 EUR.

All rates are per room, per night in EUR
*Average nightly rates - Additional taxes and surcharges may apply.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kadence
Did you find a difference in rates? Using 2 different browsers for London in July, the rates are exactly the same.
Should be 50% off when available. For LAX I found the standard best rate at $119, Friends and family $80 and $64.50 for TA for the dates I checked.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Used the TA rate twice when in NTE

last minute booking(i.e. 2hours before arrival), normal rate 156EUR, TA rate 71EUR, compared to 80EUR on the F&F rate.

The TA rate is my best choice when booking, as I am entitled to use it
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
I'm also entitled to use it, tend to switch between the 2 depending on the price
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: RA, AA Plat
Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate

Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam: no questions asked, automatically given 25% off hotel dining (just food, not ETOH), very substantial buffet breakfast included. Paid a small supplement for upgrade to junior suite. Great stay!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:28 am

Carlson F&F rate.

I have a friend who works in Radisson group and I have had several past F&F bookings and some forthcoming bookings.
Received this email today for my upcoming booking in 3 days time. Don't know whether to ignore it or not and present my friends details at check-in.
Wording would seem to indicate that the friend/employee needs to have made the booking... New terms and conditions?

Thank you very much for your reservation/email.

As per company policy, we need to know the details of the person who booked the room for you.

Confirmation number: xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx (CRS reference)

We kindly ask you to provide the following information:

· The name of the person who made the reservation

· The hotel where he/she is working

· The position of the person who made the reservation.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Best regards,
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by bill49mpr
I have a friend who works in Radisson group and I have had several past F&F bookings and some forthcoming bookings.
Received this email today for my upcoming booking in 3 days time. Don't know whether to ignore it or not and present my friends details at check-in.
Wording would seem to indicate that the friend/employee needs to have made the booking... New terms and conditions?

As per company policy, we need to know the details of the person who booked the room for you.

Best regards,
Read through this thread. This has been asked countless times.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: HH Silver
Stayed 3 nights F & F rate @ Radisson Ambassador San Juan. $80+ and no questions asked, no breakfast or any upgrade. Paid $5 for upgrade to club room, and it was worth it just for access to the cappuccino machine.

IMHO, this is about what that hotel is worth, not the $200+ it sometimes charges.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Couldn't you just socially engineer from LinkedIn a Raddisson 'friend'?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:30 am

Radisson Blu Tashkent. Not asked. Breakfast included.

Radisson Blu Addis Ababa even gave me access to their wifi so I could book the rate standing at the checkin counter (Missed connection in ADD). Breakfast included, and after a couple weeks in rural Africa, the breakfast just seemed amazing. Only came second to the first hot shower we took in 3 weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat

Radisson CDG Paris Airport, no questions asked, however I know somebody working @ A Radisson property. At chek in they told me please use the VIP check in
Hotel itself is not very nice...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 am

Best regards,

Just an update on events.
I received a second identical email and replied that this booking was made by myself. It was a friends and family booking and not a staff booking and that I would be very happy to provide friends name and workplace at check-in as per terms and conditions of booking. I never heard another thing back and wasn't even asked for my friends details at check-in!

This was for Radisson Blu Portman London. Nice hotel. Very convenient to Oxford Street and Marble Arch. Wasn't offered an upgrade. Booked room was very small but typical of many London hotels. Nice breakfast and staff very friendly. Showing some weekend and mid week availability still for February.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:20 pm

ZRH

trying to book the zurich hotel for 4-6 jan 2015
"no rate"
i see the same for Amsterdam...is this code not valid for 2015...or am I too early?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: BA silver

would be very grateful for a friend invite!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by CLTF
trying to book the zurich hotel for 4-6 jan 2015
"no rate"
i see the same for Amsterdam...is this code not valid for 2015...or am I too early?
You are most likely too early. 2015 rates are unlikely to have been loaded yet. Try again in a few months time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.