Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by alexanderrr
any successes in getting cashback from Radisson on this rate? So far the only way to get cashback that I have noticed is through Radisson Edwardian website that can earn you 3% at quidco or cashbackkings.
To answer my own question about cashback - nothing has posted at cashbackings after my reservations. I have also noticed that you can earn 2% cashback through french and german igraal cashback site for Radisson Blu, but I have not tried it yet.
However, I have another question about VAT on FF rate. On my booking confirmation it says in ROOM DESCRIPTION:
- VAT 13 % is not included
FEATURES:
- Guest will be charged equivalent of EUR 80
- Buffet breakfast, VAT and applicable taxes included

My rough guess is that the usual practice of the hotels is not to include VAT in their offered rates, but I would try to argue that it should be included in this particular rate, especially since on the email confirmation it only states that VAT is included. Any experiences is VAT charged on this rate?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by yanny baba
Hi everybody.

I've just booked into the Radisson Blu in Sandton, Johannesburg for 3 nights at FF rate. i'll report my findings next week.

3 nights paid as booked, no questions asked. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:00 pm

Hello,
any experience in London hotels?

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Just got back from by stay at the Radisson Blue Style Vienna on Herrengasse. Fantastic location in the Inner City. No questions asked on the rate; breakfast and wifi included. Thanks for the heads up on the rate!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:36 am

So glad I ran across this. We have been using the Radisson locally for our conferences for the past few years. I have become "friends" with the sales manager. I booked a precruise room in San Juan for $80--regular price is $281. Great deal!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Zero availability with this rate for November in Dubai or Muscat, there was lot of availability before, seems they've been cutting it a lot lately.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: M&M
Hi All

Newbie here - been a lurker for a while, but today is my first day of posting.

I'm planning a trip to the US next year and our first point of call will be Washington D.C. I see that I could use this this rate for the Radisson @ Crystal City, but I'm a bit concerned about the "friends" element of things. Sure I could google a Carlson Wagon Lit name and they probably wouldn't be able to verify it, but I tend to blush if I'm not telling the entire truth

Has anybody had any experience with this particular hotel? Have you ever had any problems? Better still is there anybody on this thread who works for Carlson group who would be willing to let me use their name if the worst comes to the worst? I know that the IHG F&F rate is rather a social media marketing rate and I'm wondering if this is the same thing.

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance

Ressie
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
I booked a stay with the promo today, no problem for me, let's wait for check-in and check-out now!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
radisson altstadt salzburg

just returned from a one night stay in salzburg and have to say the rate worked very well again - booked 2 rooms and recieved upgrade to executive rooms and cocktail vouchers for lobby bar, so iam happy and keep on radisson's right hand with upcoming vacations :-)
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Seems Radisson Zurich was not happy with the rates lol. Some reviews said here said they were asked about the "Friend" by the Radisson Zurich.

Now seeing that we can't book F&F for Radisson Zurich.
I am also unable to find the rate available at the Radisson Zurich.

Anyone had any issues with breakfast or the rate at the Park Inn at ZRH?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Amazing rates

Stayed recently at the Radisson Decappolis in PTY. It was 80. usd plus tax a night. It included free full breakfast for the two of us and $20. in drinks at any bar per day. The hotel was very Scandinavian feeling and was beautiful. Great location and Lomi Lomi massage in the gorgeous spa for $57.

Have 8 nights booked in CPT & PLZ. The CPT property is normaqlly around $500. usd a nt. I got it for $110. This included free breakfast buffet and 25% off food and beverage (except alchol) in the hotels restaurants.

Thanks FT.....
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:16 am

Just returned from a 2 nights stay at the Radisson Blu at HAM apt.

Great Hotel, very friendly staff, parking is expensive because they have no parking space, have to use apt parking at 22 €/24hrs.

Absolute soundproof-windows, btw!

No questions asked, everything went smoothly. :-)
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
On Saturday completed a 2 nt. stay at the Radisson Blu in Ettlingen (near Karlsruhe DE). Very pleasant check-in personnel (no questions asked about the F&F), told me about the freebies (internet, fitness, pool etc.) and then mentioned that the rate didn't include breakfast and did I want to add it. I said that I was sure the breakfast buffet was included and had brought along a print-out of the F&F T&C that appeared in the drop-down box at booking. He copied my print-out and my final bill showed €67 per night for room and €13 for breakfast (2 people) = €160 total for 2 nights. Parking is €9 per day, although the hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere (about 7 km. to the Karlsruhe Bahnhof), but the street parking in the industrial area location seemed a bit too deserted at night.

Big thanks, OP^

BTW, was asked at check-in if I wanted Radisson Goldpoints or M&M miles for the stay, although the T&C definitely state that neither will be awarded. Will see if the points show up in my account (miles would probably have been better based on the €160 total)

Yesterday for the Park Inn in Nürnberg we used the "Hot Deals" rate on the Radisson website instead of the F&F. It was only €44.25 (without breakfast) instead of F&F €80 with breakfast! Hotel is relatively new, pleasant, and relatively comfortable although the rooms are very small. Parking is high at €15 , but the hotel is right in the city center and there was no available street parking.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cruisr
Stayed recently at the Radisson Decappolis in PTY. It was 80. usd plus tax a night. It included free full breakfast for the two of us and $20. in drinks at any bar per day. The hotel was very Scandinavian feeling and was beautiful. Great location and Lomi Lomi massage in the gorgeous spa for $57.
Also stayed here last week using this rate and got upgraded to a suite as I had requested a high floor a check in ^ The $20 drink credit was a nice added bonus.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
^ My sis had a great, hassle-free weekend stay in a suite for $70/nt+ at Country Inn & Suites Sunnyvale CA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.