Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
Hi

looks as this rates not available at your specified date.
Rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Try to enter different dates to check if rooms are available at this hotel
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walduk70
Hi

looks as this rates not available at your specified date.
Rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
Try to enter different dates to check if rooms are available at this hotel
Or wait a few days and try again for the same dates. I wasn't able to get the rate in Sydney at first, but eventually single days showed up and I was able to book two consecutive days separately.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 am

Has anyone ever used this at the Country Inn & Suites in Cape Canaveral?

Were you able to park your car there for a cruise? And the link says the code is good until Dec 31, 2010, but it allowed me to use the code for March 2011. Would they honor it? Does anyone know if they will be extending the date on this code? Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
15,000 Country Inns & Suites points with this rate?

Is this rate eligible for the 15,000 point bonus stay at Country Inns & Suites?

It makes a weekday DC area rate more affordable and a reason to get the 15K

Cheers

Grail
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As many FTers have said again and again, and the T&C of the offer make clear, no points, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'll assume you mean no because no one in this thread has mentioned anything. And many "deals" also include points and/or stays. But here is my guess, if there ever is a way to collect $200 from a promo like this - someone on FT will find a way to get the $$ (maybe not post about the winnings, but someone will get the money)

Cheers
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thegrailer
I'll assume you mean no because no one in this thread has mentioned anything. And many "deals" also include points and/or stays. But here is my guess, if there ever is a way to collect $200 from a promo like this - someone on FT will find a way to get the $$ (maybe not post about the winnings, but someone will get the money)

Cheers
Posts 5 & 6, and tangentially mentioned in other posts here and there. No one claims to have gotten points that I know of.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
London - 1 night at The May Fair and 2 at Park Plaza Riverbank. F+F rate, no questions asked. Excellent! ^
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:49 am

Radisson London

Hi EGW1, I am desperately trying to book a Radisson in London during December for 4 nights..... I distantly know soome one who works in a Radisson..... How/ where did you manage to book the Mayfair.... Its telling me there are none on offer in London..... for any dates.... Please, please, please someone help me!!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by countrygal
Hi EGW1, I am desperately trying to book a Radisson in London during December for 4 nights..... I distantly know soome one who works in a Radisson..... How/ where did you manage to book the Mayfair.... Its telling me there are none on offer in London..... for any dates.... Please, please, please someone help me!!!!!
London availability has been tighter lately... try closer-in, sometimes rooms open up a day or two prior. Further out, I've been able to book some rooms for peak weekends next summer. But you can't be picky with this one - take what you can get for 66 GBP in central London!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
A couple of properties that I was looking at had great availability over a wide range of dates a couple of weeks ago and now have nothing... nothing on the wide range of dates that I looked at. It's is almost like they pulled their participation. you snooze, you loose
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ac-YUL
London availability has been tighter lately... try closer-in, sometimes rooms open up a day or two prior. Further out, I've been able to book some rooms for peak weekends next summer. But you can't be picky with this one - take what you can get for 66 GBP in central London!
And make sure you try all the Carlson brands in London... sometimes searching radisson alone yields nothing but checking all the brands will reveal some decent choices.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just stayed 4 nights at Radisson Blu - Bucharest. No questions asked, no problems, breakfast included. Great saving at this rate.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to make a booking for Prague in May (many available dates).
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:36 pm

london 2010

Just stayed two nights in Park Plaza Westminster Bridge for 66,50 GBP with tax and breakfast included. No questions at check-in, used express check-out. Bedroom with no natural light but i was expecting it, beautiful bathroom with shower & Bathtub, and for this price a great hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.