Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: AC
Excellent deal...booked 2 nights in Boston. Now I would be able to rest easy and study in peace.^
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Booked 2 nights at Radisson Blu Royal in Brussels for 80 euros/night. VAT and breakfast included. Lowest rate from radission.com is 234 euros without breakfast. Save me over 308 euros. Yippy!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH Diamond,HertzGold,Interconental Plat Amb.
8 nights at Radisson Blu Royal Viking in Stockholm plus one night at Radisson Blu
SkyCity at Arlanda airport Stockholm. Both properties tried to tell us "breakfast not included" but caved in quickly when we showed the confirmation. Both properties are very nice and the 40% off was greatly appreciated.. These were booked in June because of this thread.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Park Plaza Gurgaon, near Delhi, India

The F&F rate was approx one-third the normal rate. ^
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 pm

Looks very nice boxo. Were any questions asked re family/friends names etc?

Will be passing through Delhi mid November on the way to the Sheraton Udaipur deal. I managed to get a very special deal on an airport 3 star but this is getting mixed reviews so the Park Plaza,Gurgaon would make an excellent plan B backup if things don't work out.

Did you make it into Delhi central from the hotel and if so what approx taxi fare would be reasonable?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
No problem at Radisson SAS in Kyiv, Ukraine and Park Inn Frankfurt Airport hotels. In both hotels breakfast was included and no vouchers/questions were asked. Thank you, OP for posting the deal.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by chokdee
Looks very nice boxo. Were any questions asked re family/friends names etc?

Will be passing through Delhi mid November on the way to the Sheraton Udaipur deal. I managed to get a very special deal on an airport 3 star but this is getting mixed reviews so the Park Plaza,Gurgaon would make an excellent plan B backup if things don't work out.

Did you make it into Delhi central from the hotel and if so what approx taxi fare would be reasonable?

Many thanks.

No questions at all. My impression is maybe they tried to [slightly] impress a global coworker's family/friend. From what I could tell on the floor plan map on the back of the door, I was given one of the oversized corner rooms even though I booked a small twin room. At check-out, they gave me a wrapped gift. The desk guy said it's a Park Plaza coffee mug as I had in my room. [Still wrapped and in the trunk of my driver's car, I hope.]

No mention of breakfast incl in the rate details, but I was not charged. They did add 10% tax on room rate though.

Every member of the staff is very friendly, professional, sincere and helpful. Wish I could say the same about Holiday Inn Jaipur.

The hotel will arrange airport pick-up for 1400 INR, which at $32 is overpriced. I personally hired a car/driver for my entire 5 day stay, so I do not know what taxi fare is to/from the hotel. Sorry. IIRC, from the India forum, Meru taxis are solid and reliable and can be reserved online. They may even offer you an online estimate/quote.

Good luck and safe travels.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:51 pm

Many thanks boxo.That's great info. ^

I also have a question re car/driver on the India forum if you have the time. Thank you.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: Goldpoints Plus, Miles & Bonus, Priority Club
I have used this rate at Radisson Blu Basel, Dresden as well as Art'otel Berlin Kuddam and Mitte without any problems. Just keep in mind that in Art'otels and some Park Plaza properties breakfast usually is not included!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:36 pm

Tried a booking for Berlin Kudamm art'otel. Plugging in carlsonf promotion code I got the 80 euro rate plus it does say breakfast and VAT included.

Is it a fact that art'otels do not include the free breakfast even though room description under Carlson friends and family rate explicitly include it?

It seems hotels have their own policy contradicting the promotional terms?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:26 pm

Thanks for the deal. Just booked 3 nights at the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul for 80EUR/night (Advanced purchase rate on Radisson Blu website is ~165EUR/night) - VAT not included (17% I think). Just a question though:

"6:00 PM hold accepted Guarantee required Mon Tue Wed Thu Credit card holds accepted Cash deposit holds accepted Travel agency holds accepted Company hold accepted Deposit of 1 night(s) plus tax due 3 day(s) prior to arrival"

-> I used my credit card to hold the reservation but what does "6:00 PM hold" mean? I have to arrive by 6PM for the reservation to be guaranteed?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Tried a booking for Berlin Kudamm art'otel. Plugging in carlsonf promotion code I got the 80 euro rate plus it does say breakfast and VAT included.

Is it a fact that art'otels do not include the free breakfast even though room description under Carlson friends and family rate explicitly include it?

Can not really see how it is possible for a hotel to deny a free breakfast if you have a printed confirmation at hand. I have just returned from my FF stay in the hotel that always charges VAT on the top of their regular rates and they tried to do it for the FF rate as well. But after I have produced my confirmation with "VAT included" they agreed to cancel it. So just have your confirmation ready, enjoy your breakfast and politely insist that you should not be charged any extra for it.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:06 am
Suspended

Programs: book
Nice deal for sure.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by adlibitum

Armed with the names of my friends at my Carlson Wagonlit travel agency I checked into the Art'otel Koeln and at check-out they tried to charge me 8.60 for breakfast which is as they explained the breakfast rate for special roomrates like mine.

I provided her with a copy of my confirmation which showed buffet breakfast included and she removed the charge without making a fuzz.

No question was asked about the room rate, no friends names or vouchers requested.

Even an upgrade from an artroom to an artroom XL was provided together with a handwritten welcoming note and some fresh fruit.

Very nice hotel (however the restaurant is closed on Sundays and the bar was unable to serve food as they were remodeling the kitchen).
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
I have a problem...want to make reservation in paris or some other cities and got that message:
Unfortunately, the promotional rate you are searching for is not available. To view other rates available for the dates you have chosen, please select "View More Rates". To choose a different hotel, modify dates of stay, or change the number of room occupants, please select "Start Over".
View More Rates

what can I do...help please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.