Wiki Posts
Search

Luo Hu border to Shenzhen Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Luo Hu border to Shenzhen Airport

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the Shenzhen Airport from the Luo Hu / Lo Wu Border border by:

- Bus
- Subway (heard it may go to the SZ Airport)
- Taxi (and what is the fare?)

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The subway doesn't go to the airport.

Don't know about taxi fare.

But you can take a taxi to Hualian Mansion (or subway - I believe the stop is Ke Xue Guan), then take the 330 Airport Bus (every 20 minutes, takes 35 minutes, 20RMB) to airport.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
The subway doesn't reach the airport, or anywhere close.

A taxi from Lowu will take around RMB100-130 depending on the traffic.

There is an airport bus from Lowu. You have to go to the ground floor bus station and the bus stop is the closest one to the escalator. These are mini-busses and take RMB19 to the airport. But be prepared to wait as they seem to only leave once the bus is full or close to.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
question on shenzen airport

hi,

we are arriving 20pm and want to go the fastest way to the sheraton.

as i found out the best way seems to be the bus k568 , take kcr to kawloon and than mtr.

is there a faster way? is there a new metro connecting the airport to the city of shenzen?

hope someone can help with an answer

thanks

dp
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:02 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
visa?

hi,

i am coming from shanghai into shenzen, do i need a visa for this flight?

i have multiple entry visa for china.

dp
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

i am coming from shanghai into shenzen, do i need a visa for this flight?

i have multiple entry visa for china.

dp
You're flying within China, like it's a domestic flight....but you will need your visa when you first enter the country.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:27 pm

shenzen

hi,

i made the whole tour SZX to HKG.

anyway i think i am now an expert in how to go from shenzen to hkg or hkg to shenzen.

if you land in Shenzen you have 3 options depending on the time and if you have a lot luggage.

if you have luggage i think the ferry is the best option as you dont have to change the bus 3 times.

landing before 18:30pm

1.) Take the ferry to Macao or Hongkong airport or Hongkong
costs around 170RMB one way

2.) take bus the bus to LuWo Border (A583) which is 20RMB and takes around 45minutes , at LuWo you will arrive on the first floor and have to go upstairs to go through customs etc. and enter hongkong.

3.) Buy a ticket at the airport limosine bus counter and go directly to hongkong by bus. (110RMB , currently 90RMB promotion!)

if you dont want to shop in this huge fake market store in shenzen, which is directly next to the bus station, dont even try the LuWo Border option.
its not worth the hassle to find everything. if you cant read chinese its a another reason to not try it.

the bus from shenzen to hkg was very convinient . you get a sticker on your chest, you enter the bus and go to LuWo border. go through immigration and than take the next bus . as you are changing buses and you are not going again on the same bus , you have to take all your belonging and your luggage and go through customs and passport control and go out of shenzen.

than you will enter hongkong and have to take another bus and you will finally arrive at kawloon tong , you can change to the KCR there and go anywhere you want.

i will post a detailed report with pictures of the bus counters, the stations etc. soon, and post the link here so anybody does not have to search like crazy to get more information to how to do the LuWo border thing.

dp
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't read or understand Chinese and I had no problem navigating Lo Hu in both directions. Except for that minor comment, the above advice sounds excellent.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We went from Kowloon to SZX on 12/23 and then return on 1/1, using the new direct bus service between the Elements shopping center in West Kowloon (MTR/AE - Kowloon Station), and SZX. $90 each way, or $160 roundtrip.

I can highly recommend it. The new Western crossing in Shenzhen Bay/Shekou is very nice. You only have to get off the bus once, and there's no wait for either the Hong Kong or China counters, both times.

Another plus is that the Chinese don't segregate the passport/visa holders (like me) with those using the Home Return Permit (like my relatives and most people on board the bus). We use the same counters. [Worse is Lowu, where passport holders have to go through counters at different floors, so getting the group together afterwards can become an issue.]

Also, there's a nice sitting area inside the Elements Mall (1/F, directly across from Starbucks), and you ride a long escalators directly down to the coaches. They even have lockers there. Quite civilized.

Only thing I don't like is that the only drop off point at SZX is at Terminal A. It requires a fairly long walk to Terminal B. Return, the coach picks up at both.

Overall, I highly recommend this service. Coach departs Elements at :15 and :45; departs SZX at :00 and :30. Though they advertise the time as 75 minutes, both times we find that it's closer to 90. Still very reasonable.

---

Another group goes by taxi from Lowu to SZX. It's only about 130RMB. I think with 2-3 people traveling together, that's fairly inexpensive and easy.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by rkkwan

Only thing I don't like is that the only drop off point at SZX is at Terminal A. It requires a fairly long walk to Terminal B. Return, the coach picks up at both.
I did this route (Kowloon - SZX) at the end of Dec 2007 (having learnt about this convenient option thanks to flyertalk!) and they actually dropped us off at terminal B after the terminal A passengers alighted. It was around 10am and nobody got on at terminal A so that may be why. The only little issue was finding the station within the Elements shopping mall. You do NOT follow the signs for coaches as we did. The ticket counter was across from Starbucks, IIRC.

I wonder if you can book the leg from the border facility at Shenzhen Wan to SZX separately, in case you were connecting on local buses from further west in the New Territories (e.g. the B3X bus from Tsuen Mun)?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by via amtrak
I did this route (Kowloon - SZX) at the end of Dec 2007 (having learnt about this convenient option thanks to flyertalk!) and they actually dropped us off at terminal B after the terminal A passengers alighted. It was around 10am and nobody got on at terminal A so that may be why. The only little issue was finding the station within the Elements shopping mall. You do NOT follow the signs for coaches as we did. The ticket counter was across from Starbucks, IIRC.

I wonder if you can book the leg from the border facility at Shenzhen Wan to SZX separately, in case you were connecting on local buses from further west in the New Territories (e.g. the B3X bus from Tsuen Mun)?
Correct about Starbucks. That's how I'm telling people to get there now. Ride the escalators up from the AE/MTR station to 1/F of the Elements Mall, turn right, and then look for Starbucks.

You cannot ride that bus from the Shenzhen Bay crossing to the SZX, though you can take the bus only from Kowloon to Shenzhen Bay. But taxi is fairly cheap. It's closer than from LoWu, so it should be less than 130RMB.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SWA Rapid Rewards, Alaska Air Mileage Plan, AAdvantage, CX Marco Polo
Shenzhen Bay/Shekou border crossing

This new border checkpoint - this is something different and new from the Huanggang/Lok Ma Chau border crossing, correct?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silverkris168
This new border checkpoint - this is something different and new from the Huanggang/Lok Ma Chau border crossing, correct?
Correct. It's new. It's called Shenzhen Wan/Bay, or also called the Western Crossing.

It's unique among the various borders that the HK and Chinese immigration are located in the same building. After you clear one, continue for about 50 yards and you'll go through the other. So, no long pedestrian bridge over the Shenzhen River like at Lowu and the new Futian crossing; and no need to get on/off the bus twice like at Huanggang.

This is one of the two new border crossings that opened in 2007. The other is the Futian crossing between the new East Rail Lok Ma Chau station on the Hong Kong side and the Huanggang subway on the Shenzhen side; which is not to be confused with the original bus crossing at Huanggang. Nomenclature over there is extremely confusing.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
The bus option from Elements Mall / Kowloon sounds very intersting - can anyone provide a link to the website (if such a thing exists)?

We're trying to get to Xi'an on 01AUG for the solar eclipse and have the option of overnighting in HKG or PEK. I love HKG but don't like the airfare costs out of there - it's some $300 USD cheaper to fly out of SZX, so the bus from Kowloon to Shenzhen seems like a no-brainer. Only item of concern at this point is that we don't miss our SZX-XIY flight and that the flight is on-time.

Can anyone confirm the reliability (on-time) of the bus service, and the approximate travel time from the Elements mall to SZX? Is the 75-90 minute quote above accurate? I assume the $130 quote is in HKD? Can we purchase tickets online in advance?

We were told to plan on 4 hours from HKG-SZX, so 90 minutes is sounding much nicer...

Thanks in advance!

Sean
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vysean
The bus option from Elements Mall / Kowloon sounds very intersting - can anyone provide a link to the website (if such a thing exists)?

We're trying to get to Xi'an on 01AUG for the solar eclipse and have the option of overnighting in HKG or PEK. I love HKG but don't like the airfare costs out of there - it's some $300 USD cheaper to fly out of SZX, so the bus from Kowloon to Shenzhen seems like a no-brainer. Only item of concern at this point is that we don't miss our SZX-XIY flight and that the flight is on-time.

Can anyone confirm the reliability (on-time) of the bus service, and the approximate travel time from the Elements mall to SZX? Is the 75-90 minute quote above accurate? I assume the $130 quote is in HKD? Can we purchase tickets online in advance?

We were told to plan on 4 hours from HKG-SZX, so 90 minutes is sounding much nicer...

Thanks in advance!

Sean
http://www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes16.html

It's in Chinese, but you can get the schedule. Every :15 and :45 from 7:15a to 7:15p. It's HK$100 from the Elements Mall to SZX.

It takes 90 minutes to get there. 75 is too optimistic. Reliable, but you shouldn't time yourself to arrive at SZX right at the close of check-in. You can buy in advance at their counter, but if you go there a bit early, you shouldn't have problem. Not aware of online booking, but you may call in Hong Kong at 2230 3030 to reserve seats. Not sure how good their English skills are on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.