Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Hong Kong Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by AlexS
I'd highly recommend Cafe Deco, but there was also another restaurant at the Peak who's name I don't know that also had amazing views but had outside tables. If the weather cooperates, you might want to look into that.
You must mean Burger King!

Seriously, I'm glad you had a good time in Hong Kong.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:52 pm

Great report! Thanks for taking the time to share the details...details which excite me about my forthcoming July visit. AlexS, it is interesting that you did many of the same things I do each time I return to HK.
Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had wanted to take a bus or taxi down, because I heard it was a fun ride, but the people I was with had taken the bus before, and they said that the swaying is considerably less fun if you've been drinking So, we opted for the peak tram again!
Being a local, I do not enjoy the extensive & prolonged journey through bus to/from the peak. Neither do my familes, relatives and friends. But for a first time tourist, some consider it scenic and thrilling.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The #15 bus takes Peak Road and then Stubbs Road from the Peak down. It's winding, but not that exciting and not that steep. Doesn't compare to the fun of like #6 to Stanley, or KMB #51 over Route Twisk, or New Lantao #23 Tung Chung - Ngong Ping; though those two latter are single-deck only.

A taxi or the #1 Green 16-seat Public Light Bus takes Peak Road, and then the much steeper and shorter Magazine Gap Road down to Central. It has a couple of switchback 180-degree turns.

In my opinion, it's not a "must do" for taking a bus down from the Peak, even if you're a bus enthusiast. Try those other routes I describe instead.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrived Friday night, and took the Airport Express to Kowloon, and then a cab to the Langham Place. The Airport Express train is fine, and certainly easy enough, but if doing this again, I'd spring for the extra few bucks, and just take a cab to the hotel. Because of the Langham's location, the airport express and then a cab, winds up being only a little cheaper than a cab all the way from the airport.
If you'd like to save more and don't mind one extra transit and a little extra journey time, you can take Bus S1 to Tung Chung and connect to the Tung Chung MTR line towards Kln Station which will cost you no more than HKD $21 a oppose to paying HKD $90 for the direct journey from Airport directly to Kln. Then you just tag on the cab fare to the Langham as you did from the AE trip.

Personally bus is my preferred way for airport commutes in HK. I only resort to the AE if time is a concern.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If one takes the S1 to MTR, one can switch at Lai King to the Tsuen Wan (Red) Line to Mongkok. Langham Place is adjacent to station.

Or get taxi from the Olympic station instead of Kowloon. It's closer to the the hotel.

Or just take the Cityflyer bus A21, HK$33. Single ride. Get off at Argyle Center, walk through the Mongkok MTR station to Langham Place.

Lots of ways to save money. Whether it's worth the effort and time, it depends. I always take the Cityflyer buses.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A21 is my regular bus route since I reside in Hung Hom. I would take it the full length of the route towards the terminus station then a short cab ride to my estate.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
A21 is my regular bus route since I reside in Hung Hom. I would take it the full length of the route towards the terminus station then a short cab ride to my estate.
Why don't you take A22? It costs a few HK$ more, but it's so much faster to get to East Kowloon! Even though I usually go to Ho Man Tin, I still take A22 and switch to the cab on Jordan Road rather than A21 down Nathan Rd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.