Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Any air sale from EWR to Hkg

Old Jan 2, 07, 8:11 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I am flexible. I want to go to HKG this month. Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 07, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by yan19454 View Post
I am flexible. I want to go to HKG this month. Thanks.
The non-stop on CO can be had for under $800 before taxes. If you're a OnePass elite it probably pays to spring for the H fare at just under $1200 for some days. It yields a 50% EQM bonus and can be upgraded with no co-payment, although you'll almost certainly have to be waitlisted and sweat the upgrade until very close to your departure date.
Old Jan 4, 07, 9:36 am

I think most of us could help more if we knew your FF status on any major international airlines. Can you share?
Old Jan 7, 07, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are flexible with your gateway airport, JFK-HKG nonstop rt starts from $970.00 taxes included offered on www.cathay-usa.com for weekday sectors. You can definately get something lower than 970 if you spend the effort calling in local agencies.
Old Jan 12, 07, 11:40 am

Cathay is showing $892 now all in JFk-HKG n/s. Their 'january deal of the month'

Pricing used to get cheaper, like about $600 RT but I don't know if they'll go that low this year since airfare seems to be up in general. Too bad as I want to go back for as cheap as possible

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated View Post
If you are flexible with your gateway airport, JFK-HKG nonstop rt starts from $970.00 taxes included offered on www.cathay-usa.com for weekday sectors. You can definately get something lower than 970 if you spend the effort calling in local agencies.
Old Jan 13, 07, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The beauty of the majority of CX discounted deals they are at least 100% mileage accurable for their own program (aka Asia Miles).
Old Jan 13, 07, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Current fare on continental.com for the EWR-HKG non-stops are $833.60 all-in for most Mondays and Wednesdays, "S" fare. Other days may be slightly higher.

Make sure you buy from co.com to get 100% EQM.
Old Jan 13, 07, 3:59 pm

Programs: Shangri-La Golden Circle, Hilton Honors Gold, Starwood Plat, United 1P
Actually low 800s is about right for the end of this month. Make sure you go before the week of Chinese New Year. The rates get jacked up pretty high.

I haven't seen 600 rts from Newark to HK in over 5 years. I'm lucky to get em under 800.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: