Hong Kong Tailor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Tailor?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
I'm looking for a good seamstress in Hong Kong, rather than an actual tailor as such.

I make some of my own clothes and want to find someone to do the work! I already have the design, pattern and fabric.

It takes me about 3 hours to go from a piece of fabric to a finished pair of trousers - an experienced sewer could do the work in probably half an hour.

Any suggestions?

Audrey
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:06 pm

A lot of them will rework suits - don't see why what you are requesting would be put of the norm for them.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by falconea
I'm looking for a good seamstress in Hong Kong, rather than an actual tailor as such.

I make some of my own clothes and want to find someone to do the work! I already have the design, pattern and fabric.

It takes me about 3 hours to go from a piece of fabric to a finished pair of trousers - an experienced sewer could do the work in probably half an hour.

Any suggestions?

Audrey
If you ever pass through Bangkok- I think it would be quite easy to find this service- to keep the price reasonable I would start at either MBK or Chatuchak weekend market- or the Pratnaum fashion mall if you want quantities A (i.e. more than 50 pieces of each item). I find that most of the tailoring sold in Hong Kong is usually produced in Guangzhou anyway- in Thailand you can actually work with the people who will be producing your garments which is a plus IMHO. I am sure you can in Hong Kong as well- just for the type of production you are looking for you may find Bangkok to have some advantages on price, lead times, and MOQ.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How much does it usually cost to have a 2 suits made and 4 shirts made at W.W. Chan's?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Lifetime Platinum
I'm looking for a tailor as well, but with my own variation on a theme: I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to make doll clothes. If anyone knows of a tailor who might take that on, please post here and PM me!

thanks
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by PiggieMac
How much does it usually cost to have a 2 suits made and 4 shirts made at W.W. Chan's?
Depends - $500 to $3000 a suit. Predicated on materials. Best place to get one made however....
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Recommended tailor in HK?

I'm going to be heading over to Hong Kong in a couple weeks and could use a new suit. Anyone have any recommendations for a tailor and how much I should expect to pay?

I'm going to be there for about 4 full days, and I don't expect that to be enough time to finish the job. However, if all it takes is getting the measurements down, and some minor adjustments at a later date, I can have a friend pick it up for me and get it on a future trip to HK later next year.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Hong Kong Forum.
Best wishes....
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
tailor suits in HK are roughly $900 - $1500HKD (Top + bottom)
and the fastest usually requires a week. so you would need a friend to pick up for you.
They measure you on the spot after you select the fabric you want to use and color and style.

I usually go to a place in Wan Chai - in the building "C C Wu Building" (集成中心) address is 302 Hennessy Road. There's only one place in the building that does tailor suit so you wont miss it. If entering from Hennessy side you'll spot the McDonald on your left hand side. Walks to the other side of the building (pass the elevators) and you'll see a staircase to the upper level. the tailor place is on that upper level.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by iscor3
tailor suits in HK are roughly $900 - $1500HKD (Top + bottom)
and the fastest usually requires a week. so you would need a friend to pick up for you.
They measure you on the spot after you select the fabric you want to use and color and style.

I usually go to a place in Wan Chai - in the building "C C Wu Building" (集成中心) address is 302 Hennessy Road. There's only one place in the building that does tailor suit so you wont miss it. If entering from Hennessy side you'll spot the McDonald on your left hand side. Walks to the other side of the building (pass the elevators) and you'll see a staircase to the upper level. the tailor place is on that upper level.
Thanks!

I also see that this thread was moved to the HK Forum (didn't know we had one!) and there's a giant thread already for HK tailors. Will check it out now!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Originally Posted by falconea
Just to finish the tale - I found several women's tailors via Ellen's Shopping News and ended up at Fung Ling Fashion, Flat B, 11th floor, Winner Building, 27-37 D'Aguilar St, Central. Bing is an excellent sewer and I have to recommend her to anyone looking for a ladies' tailor.

Cost per pair was HK$300 (I provided the fabric, obviously!) and I was very happy with that. I have arranged she kept a copy of the pattern and that I can post her fabric and she posts completed trousers back to me.

I'm happy!

Audrey
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SPG-Plat, UAL 1K, CO Plat, Marriott Silver
People on the forum recommend Danny's. I really like William Cheng and Sons -- think they're great, good value, and super fast. I've had 10 shirts, a couple suits, and pants turned around in just a few days. It's near TST in Kowloon.

Suit up!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Originally Posted by cnoblesd01
Depends - $500 to $3000 a suit. Predicated on materials. Best place to get one made however....
Are you talking usd or hkd?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by pdquick
Are you talking usd or hkd?
I don't think you'd find a tailored 500 HKD suit anywhere in Hong Kong. And if you did, I'm not sure you'd want to wear it. Here is something from their catalog.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Originally Posted by Pickles
I don't think you'd find a tailored 500 HKD suit anywhere in Hong Kong. And if you did, I'm not sure you'd want to wear it. Here is something from their catalog.

Booking my ticket right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.