Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Transit at HKG - current situation (merged thread)

Transit at HKG - current situation (merged thread)

Old Oct 29, 21, 2:30 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Granite64 View Post
Are there any Star Alliance lounges opened at HKIA?
No but if you're eligible for lounge access, your airline might provide access to the Plaza Premium lounge which is open.
Old Nov 1, 21, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EP
I booked a nice DFW-HKG for May and will travel on miles to SIN different tickets. HOpefully this will be resolved by then?
Old Nov 3, 21, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
I booked a nice DFW-HKG for May and will travel on miles to SIN different tickets. HOpefully this will be resolved by then?
It wont be. Book the direct USA SIN flights if you want to go to SIN. All of China is Zero Covid for all of 2022 with all the ramifications that brings.
Old Nov 3, 21, 10:31 am

Forms for transit

Got a flight coming up transiting through Hong Kong - is the health declaration form required for transit, or is that just for entering Hong Kong? As I read it you just need to meet requirements of end destination - is that right?
will have PCR result and vax certificate.
Old Nov 3, 21, 11:11 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Eitrohs View Post
Got a flight coming up transiting through Hong Kong - is the health declaration form required for transit, or is that just for entering Hong Kong? As I read it you just need to meet requirements of end destination - is that right?
will have PCR result and vax certificate.
The health declaration form is just for arrivals. Yes you'll have to meet the entry requirements of your destination.
Old Dec 16, 21, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I know this is far in advance, and who knows what will be happening next September. I have trip September 2022, from KIX to DPS, with an overnight connection in HKG. Am am I able to leave the airport for an overnight connection?
Old Dec 17, 21, 1:09 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Platinum, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 View Post
I know this is far in advance, and who knows what will be happening next September. I have trip September 2022, from KIX to DPS, with an overnight connection in HKG. Am am I able to leave the airport for an overnight connection?
Overnight or not is irrelevant. If zero covid is still a thing in HK (90%+ chance IMO) then you can't leave airside; if it isn't, then you can.
Old Dec 17, 21, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Overnight or not is irrelevant. If zero covid is still a thing in HK (90%+ chance IMO) then you can't leave airside; if it isn't, then you can.
Can I spend the night in the terminal airside?

Wondering if I should just rebook my flight home and stay in the Japan the entire time. But at this point the entire trip seems unlikely to happen.
Old Dec 23, 21, 7:59 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 View Post
Can I spend the night in the terminal airside?

Wondering if I should just rebook my flight home and stay in the Japan the entire time. But at this point the entire trip seems unlikely to happen.
I would avoid HKG at all cost. Even if you can stay airside, chances of cancellation is high due to local policies.
Old Jan 14, 22, 1:32 am

"Passengers from more than 150 nations will be banned from transiting through Hong Kong, the Airport Authority said Friday [January 14] in the latest tightening of the city's strict anti-virus travel measures."

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...-153-countries
Old Mar 12, 22, 2:28 am

I think I know the answer to this but I'd like to hear it from people in this thread.

I'm looking at traveling from Europe to NZ for Christmas, and the cheapest options all feature a transit in HKG.

I don't think it's a good idea to book such a trip and it's better to stick with SIN.

Would you agree?

Flights would be LH/LX and NZ with possibly a leg on CX. I really don't like my chances of being able to transit (EU/NZ passport holders) and of the CX flights actually happening.

Btw CX sells AMS-HKG-AKL at a very attractive price right now, but it feels like a very risky proposition

Thanks for your opinions!
Old Apr 17, 22, 6:32 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
What did you end up doing given it is not resolved?
Old Apr 17, 22, 6:35 am

Programs: United
Has anyone transferred to HKG lately? SFO->HKG-?BKK. I am looking at EWR->HKG->BKK in Jan with 90 minute connection. No problem in the past usually but maybe 90 minutes is too much risk even in Jan if I was to miss that last flight to BKK. I think I am answering my own question
Old May 5, 22, 12:41 am

Transit

Ill be transiting with my 9 year old son at HKG in June. I know Ill need a negative test but I cant find anything on line as to whether he needs one; the information says every passenger. Now, that cant be true (they dont give infants PCR tests, for instance). Anyone know what the age limit is?
Old May 5, 22, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by pettifog View Post
Ill be transiting with my 9 year old son at HKG in June. I know Ill need a negative test but I cant find anything on line as to whether he needs one; the information says every passenger. Now, that cant be true (they dont give infants PCR tests, for instance). Anyone know what the age limit is?
I don't know the exact requirements for transit passengers. However, for those passengers arriving into Hong Kong there is no minimum age for the PCR requirement. That is, even babies need to hold a negative PCR result:

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html

Search this Thread