Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents

HK Re-Opening to Non-Residents

Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
In that SCMP link, no mention of any update for HKG Transit policy.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:07 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by allset2travel
But you can now enter HK and leave whenever. So you can transit landside. Just don't be positive on the arrival test.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:44 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
international-international airside transit is ok. No update for international-->mainland China airside transit.

As for international-->mainland China transit via Shenzhen Bay / bridge to Zhuhai, the amazing policy is that you have wait in Hong Kong for 3 nights first before you can enter mainland China:

"...meaning that inbound person from overseas places or Taiwan are not allowed to transit to the Mainland or Macao within the three days upon arrival at Hong Kong..."

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1
allset2travel likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by royng
international-international airside transit is ok. No update for international-->mainland China airside transit.

As for international-->mainland China transit via Shenzhen Bay / bridge to Zhuhai, the amazing policy is that you have wait in Hong Kong for 3 nights first before you can enter mainland China:

"...meaning that inbound person from overseas places or Taiwan are not allowed to transit to the Mainland or Macao within the three days upon arrival at Hong Kong..."

Interesting, so they actually toughened the rules in this regard compare to the previous 3+4 regime.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:49 am

Guys, can I fly into HK as a foreigner tourist, initial test at HK airport is negative. From that point when is the quickest I can turn around and fly out.

I really only need to spend one night and than fly out. Is this possible?

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by :D!
But you can now enter HK and leave whenever. So you can transit landside. Just don't be positive on the arrival test.
My plan (if booked) is to transit HKG in less than 24 hours, to a country other than China/Macau. Have no desire to go land side.

Want to understand exactly what is required to just do that?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by royng

I plan to transit to a country other than Mainland China/Taiwan/Macau. I am fully vax'd (include 1 booster). So, do I still need to proof test negative before boarding the flight to HKG? Upon arrival in HKG, still go through another testing?
Appreciate clarification of the new rules.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:13 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I plan to transit to a country other than Mainland China/Taiwan/Macau. I am fully vax'd (include 1 booster). So, do I still need to proof test negative before boarding the flight to HKG? Upon arrival in HKG, still go through another testing?
Appreciate clarification of the new rules.
No such requirement even under old (pre 23 Sep) rules

Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
No such requirement even under old (pre 23 Sep) rules

https://youtu.be/ozgcMZxd86g
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Impressive implementation of the new 0+3 rules.
From plane touchdown to seating on the public transpiration, less than 20 minutes had elapsed.

With the current lack of travelers, immigration is a breeze. Can’t comment on luggage as I was flying HBO.
PCR sample collection took less than 2 minutes.

Now let’s see how they handle the inevitable contaminations during the first 7 days. Being sent to PB is a looming threat (not mentioning the crazy 11 tests that you don’t want to miss).
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by maalloc
Impressive implementation of the new 0+3 rules.
From plane touchdown to seating on the public transpiration, less than 20 minutes had elapsed.

With the current lack of travelers, immigration is a breeze. Cant comment on luggage as I was flying HBO.
PCR sample collection took less than 2 minutes.

Now lets see how they handle the inevitable contaminations during the first 7 days. Being sent to PB is a looming threat (not mentioning the crazy 11 tests that you dont want to miss).
Congrats on being one of the first people on this forum to make it there.

I'd love to hear how the city "feels" compared to the good old days.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Is the welcoming crew at the airport still kitted out in gowns?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Congrats on being one of the first people on this forum to make it there.

I'd love to hear how the city "feels" compared to the good old days.
Thanks. It's good to be back, and certainly night-and-day compared to the quarantine.

As for the city vibe... I guess it depends on what you like to do. Saturday nightlife in LKF might have changed a bit. And it's sad to see so many Mum & Pop's shops closed. But the city is still there !

Originally Posted by 889
Is the welcoming crew at the airport still kitted out in gowns?
Yep. And still quite a few "finger pointers". Old habits die hard.

Last edited by maalloc; Sep 30, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by maalloc
Thanks. It's good to be back, and certainly night-and-day compared to the quarantine.

As for the city vibe... I guess it depends on what you like to do. Saturday nightlife in LKF might have changed a bit. And it's sad to see so many Mum & Pop's shops closed. But the city is still there !

Yep. And still quite a few "finger pointers". Old habits die hard.
Thanks! I hope that you have a wonderful trip. Oh yeah, if you feel like posting any photos, I'd love to see them.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Thanks! I hope that you have a wonderful trip. Oh yeah, if you feel like posting any photos, I'd love to see them.
Sure!

The nicest thing about 0+3 is this unique feeling that comes from going, within a few minutes, from a dull plane cabin to the vibrant place that's Central.

Even with Amber Code, strolling around high rises is priceless

Some things are back to normal - a heartwarming sight

Some things look like they never changed

Some sights will be... well... quite surprising for those who didn't come since 2019

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.