Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - HKG - BKK - DXB am I allowed?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
BKK - HKG - BKK - DXB am I allowed?

I'm planning to book a trip from BKK to DXB on Emirates, and there's a good deal on EK first class. One routing is BKK-DXB direct, another one is BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB (more flying!!) so I'm wondering if I'd be allowed to board the flight from BKK to HKG with the same day return to BKK. I'm a US citizen so not a resident of any of the destinations here.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These kinds of things are usually fun for us FT'ers to contemplate in order to enjoy more time in the pointy end of the plane. Now is not usual times and why anyone would attempt this at the moment is beyond me. Get where you need to go as fast as possible, end of story. And, no, you won't be allowed to board in BKK with this routing.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
And, no, you won't be allowed to board in BKK with this routing.
I am inclined to agree. The transit rule is everything has to be on 1 single ticket. And I doubt that you can book BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB on a single ticket, as it is kind of backtracking.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
These kinds of things are usually fun for us FT'ers to contemplate in order to enjoy more time in the pointy end of the plane. Now is not usual times and why anyone would attempt this at the moment is beyond me. Get where you need to go as fast as possible, end of story.
totally! I was planning on doing this next October if I’m vaccinated and if it’s relatively safer to travel but wanted to check what would happen if HKG is still closed
Old Dec 25, 2020, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
I am inclined to agree. The transit rule is everything has to be on 1 single ticket. And I doubt that you can book BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB on a single ticket, as it is kind of backtracking.
I am able to book this on a single ticket actually. It’s like a stopover in HKG without really staying there
Old Dec 25, 2020, 5:50 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Before COVID there was no problem with doing this even on separate tickets. I give you a 50/50 chance of being able to do this in October. If you intend to book it now make sure you are happy with the cancellation, rebooking and refund conditions.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by flyjfk
...I was planning on doing this next October if I’m vaccinated...
Next October? We don't even know how things will be next month...

Seriously - asking again in next September.

FWIW - the measures taken by the HKSAR Government has only gone stronger than ever...so don't have your hope up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.