Reload this Page >

Family of HK residents can enter HK together

Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold

Dear Forum,

I just read on Cathay Pacific's exemption list. It says immediate family of HK resident can travel to Hong Kong with the resident. But I can't find it anywhere else. Is that true? If so would I need to bring proof of relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate) or will the border agent just accept us traveling together as a family? We have residence in Hong Kong so 14-day stay-at-home will not be an issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
..I just read on Cathay Pacific's exemption list. It says immediate family of HK resident can travel to Hong Kong with the resident. But I can't find it anywhere else. Is that true? If so would I need to bring proof of relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate) or will the border agent just accept us traveling together as a family? We have residence in Hong Kong so 14-day stay-at-home will not be an issue.
Now days important to get up to date information from an authoritative source before travel (not a public internet forum)
Have you looked on a Hong Kong government web site?

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
HONG KONG SAR, CHINA - published 06.04.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to transit or enter Hong Kong SAR, China.
- This does not apply to passengers with a Hong Kong SAR, China passport.
- This does not apply to passengers with a British passport with nationality "British National (Overseas)" with the right of abode in Hong Kong SAR, China.
- This does not apply to residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with a Permanent Identity Card.
- This does not apply to residents of Hong Kong SAR, China with a Identity card accompanied by a valid work or study visa.
- This does not apply to passengers who have only been in the mainland of China, Chinese Taipei or Macao SAR, China in the past 14 days.
- This does not apply to residents of Macao SAR, China who are registered the Macao SAR, China scheme that they will be immediately taken by coach back to Macao SAR, China upon entry.
- This does not apply to the following passengers:
a. Passengers travelling from the mainland of China or Chinese Taipei or Macao SAR, China and have not been to any other country/region in the past 14 days;
b. Crew members of aircraft who need to commute to and from foreign places for performance of necessary duties or crew members of goods vessels;
c. Government officials carrying out government duties including personnel of consular posts;
d. Spouses and minor children of Hong Kong SAR, China residents;
e. Personnel engaged in anti-epidemic work endorsed by the HKSAR Government.
2. All passengers who are eligible to enter Hong Kong SAR, China will be required to undergo 14 days compulsory quarantine.
3. All arriving passengers and crew members must present a completed Health Declaration Form to the Department of Health upon arrival.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Is that true?
Not exactly.

CX/KA uses the term immediate family. However, the HKSAR Government has spelled out the exact relationship - Spouses and minor children of Hong Kong residents:

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1

If so would I need to bring proof of relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate) or will the border agent just accept us traveling together as a family?
I would say you have the burden of proof.

The current policy is unless you are exempted, no HKID, no entry. On that basis, your family will be presumed ineligible. So you will need to something to prove that they are related to you in English.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by garykung
The current policy is unless you are exempted, no HKID, no entry. On that basis, your family will be presumed ineligible. So you will need to something to prove that they are related to you in English.
Birth certs and marriage certs. It's a bit like going to South Africa before they relaxed the children anti-smuggling measures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.