Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong to Ban Non-Residents and Transits Starting Wednesday, 25 March 2020

Hong Kong to Ban Non-Residents and Transits Starting Wednesday, 25 March 2020

Old Jul 28, 20, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
100+ pax were offloaded on yesterday's JFK-HKG I heard as they were not able to satisfy the requirements.
They were denied boarding, they never made it onto the plane to be offloaded.
Old Jul 29, 20, 3:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by 889 View Post
It's a bureaucratic technique you often find in China, and perhaps elsewhere. They don't want to come right out and say "No," so they send you off on a goose-chase to track down some additional documents which only the most determined can find. In this case a lab report with your passport number printed on it and a government letter certifying the lab is authorised to conduct the test.
By China I suppose you mean the HKSAR as well.

I filed a complaint with the Travel Industry Council regarding Asia Miles Travel Services Limited's refund practices (not compliant with the IATA Handbook). TIC decided I did not have sufficient contractual nexxus with AMTSL (they don't respond to anything in writing), so now I'm before the Travel Agent's Registry, recounting all of my phone calls with TIC and complaining Asia Miles Limited as acted as an unlicensed travel agent.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: