Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong to Ban Non-Residents and Transits Starting Wednesday, 25 March 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
100+ pax were offloaded on yesterday's JFK-HKG I heard as they were not able to satisfy the requirements.
They were denied boarding, they never made it onto the plane to be offloaded.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by 889
It's a bureaucratic technique you often find in China, and perhaps elsewhere. They don't want to come right out and say "No," so they send you off on a goose-chase to track down some additional documents which only the most determined can find. In this case a lab report with your passport number printed on it and a government letter certifying the lab is authorised to conduct the test.
By China I suppose you mean the HKSAR as well.

I filed a complaint with the Travel Industry Council regarding Asia Miles Travel Services Limited's refund practices (not compliant with the IATA Handbook). TIC decided I did not have sufficient contractual nexxus with AMTSL (they don't respond to anything in writing), so now I'm before the Travel Agent's Registry, recounting all of my phone calls with TIC and complaining Asia Miles Limited as acted as an unlicensed travel agent.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Does anyone know whether it's getting easier to enter HKSAR these days for non-residents?

It looks like that planes rotations from Europe to HKIA have been ramping up steadily for the past few weeks.
Five months after shutting down borders to non-residents, I doubt those planes are full of residents coming back and newly-hired employees entering HKSAR...

If there are some loopholes for EU citizens entry I missed and someone here is aware of, I would love to hear about them (nonwithstanding the quarantine issue of course).
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by maalloc
Does anyone know whether it's getting easier to enter HKSAR these days for non-residents?

It looks like that planes rotations from Europe to HKIA have been ramping up steadily for the past few weeks.
Five months after shutting down borders to non-residents, I doubt those planes are full of residents coming back and newly-hired employees entering HKSAR...

If there are some loopholes for EU citizens entry I missed and someone here is aware of, I would love to hear about them (nonwithstanding the quarantine issue of course).
It is migration time, back to overseas school for HK and Chinese students.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.