FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   Transfer time HKG-Central (Armoury) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/2011434-transfer-time-hkg-central-armoury.html)

Howard Long Mar 4, 2020 6:30 am

Transfer time HKG-Central (Armoury)

I have a 3.5 hour transit in HKG, looking to go to a restaurant located in the Armoury in Central on Saturday evening.

I arrive at 21:05 and depart 00:35, although I note that the incoming is often in excess of half an hour or more early at the moment.

I'm in F and have a gate meet and greet to speed up immigration, and have a car picking me up and bringing me back.

Bearing in mind the time of day on a Saturday, could someone kindly give me some indication of what I could reasonably expect a typical transfer time to be each way?

Cryofern Mar 5, 2020 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Howard Long (Post 32140305)
I have a 3.5 hour transit in HKG, looking to go to a restaurant located in the Armoury in Central on Saturday evening.

I arrive at 21:05 and depart 00:35, although I note that the incoming is often in excess of half an hour or more early at the moment.

I'm in F and have a gate meet and greet to speed up immigration, and have a car picking me up and bringing me back.

Bearing in mind the time of day on a Saturday, could someone kindly give me some indication of what I could reasonably expect a typical transfer time to be each way?

In a similar circumstance (arrive 20:40 and depart 00:30), I had about two hours at my destination and still had time to take a shower at the airport. You can do the math (cuz I'm bad at math).

Howard Long Mar 5, 2020 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Cryofern (Post 32145114)
In a similar circumstance (arrive 20:40 and depart 00:30), I had about two hours at my destination and still had time to take a shower at the airport. You can do the math (cuz I'm bad at math).

Excellent, thank you!

garykung Mar 5, 2020 3:40 pm

It would be tight. I would expect you have about 1 hour. Here is the math.

1. You have 210 minutes, assuming on time.

2. Although I could be wrong about this, a meet and greet will speed up your way to the immigration counters, but will not actually speed up the immigration process (especially you can't use e-channel unless you have a HKID). So it will take you about 15 minutes from gate to car.

3. I would expect a travel time of 40 minutes each way, given the traffic.

4. You need about 15 minutes for the car back to the gate, as well as at least 30 minutes before departure.

5. The remaining balance is 70 minutes.

tentseller Mar 5, 2020 3:50 pm

[Continueing]

6. Saturday night, getting in and out of LKF add another 10-15 minutes

Are you meeting someone there?

IMHO doing the Armoury at Tai Kwun is underwhelming. Been there; done it.