Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Wuhan coronavirus outbreak worries as it spread to HK & beyond

Wuhan coronavirus outbreak worries as it spread to HK & beyond

Old Jul 7, 20, 9:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by 889 View Post
Either that or come July 7 quarantine on arrivals from "China" won't be renewed. No sense going through all the rigamarole of getting the code scheme to work if it's not a long-term arrangement.

So you can read the development either way. Just have to sit tight and see how things go.

Not so, Cap 599C to 7 Aug https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/hk/cap599C
​​​​​​​

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 7, 20 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Arriving passengers may no longer have to wait around for their test results. From today's SCMP:

"Given the latest situation, the Department of Health announced on Friday that air arrivals from low-risk areas could wait for their Covid-19 test results at home or in hotels if designated waiting facilities were full, as the number of inbound travellers at the Hong Kong International Airport had 'substantially increased recently'".
Given the increase in CX/KA flights from July 1 and another increase mid-July, DoH should be prepared for the increased load at the test centre as well as a safe policy to deal with inbound arrivals waiting for their test results.
There are posting on various FB groups of HK arrivals/quarantines which mentioned people being sent to their quarantine location without a test result in the evening.
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:23 am

"I thought 889 said China-->HK was about to reopen?"

Don't put words in my mouth!

I said that unless they renewed the quarantine order, it would expire midnight, July 7. Turns out they extended they extended the quarantine order till August 7.
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:58 am

I think I found your original 7 July quote. Update my post upthread.
Old Aug 17, 20, 9:58 am

We got our first reinfection case

Case 564 was originally a local infection in March. Four months after recovery he travelled to Spain via UK and came back positive again.

CHP very concerned about the length of time between infections and his moderately high Cycle Threshold value, suggesting it's a second infection rather than a recurrence.

本港疑現首宗「再感染」個案 本月初經倫敦到過西班牙
http://news.now.com/home/local/playe...94&refer=Share

https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/...84%9F%E6%9F%93

Search this Thread
Search Engine: