Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Macau layover

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
HK Macau layover

I've been to Hong Kong and Macau twice before. I'll have a 6am-1pm layover on a Thursday to HX and a 130pm-1030pm layover in a Tuesday to UA.

I'm thinking I can go to the transfer desk, check my bag, then leave. Otherwise find a luggage locker or left luggage. For the first layover I may see if I can get in an earlier flight instead but it's sold out now so I think the chances are slim.

I'm thinking I can go to HK via AE for a meal on the first layover. Not sure what's open that early, maybe dim sum.
On the second layover, I'm thinking I can go to Macau. I remember I liked the Wynn. I've also never gone on the bridge and the timing doesn't work for the airport ferry.

Id appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There is Tim Ho Wan for dim sum at the Hong Kong AEx station, On level up from the trains or one level down from the street. They open at 9am.
There are many other places that are open earlier if you want to head west to Sheung Wan or east to Wan Chai.

Macao on such a short HKG layover is outside my experience.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tentseller
There is Tim Ho Wan for dim sum at the Hong Kong AEx station, On level up from the trains or one level down from the street. They open at 9am.
There are many other places that are open earlier if you want to head west to Sheung Wan or east to Wan Chai.

Macao on such a short HKG layover is outside my experience.
Ah yes, I think I've been to that tim ho wan before. I was hoping to find a place that offers more variety of dim sum, though I'll take quality over quantity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.