FLL/MIA to HKG

Old Sep 4, 19, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

FLL/MIA to HKG

Looking for Round Trip Airfare from Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Hong Kong. I am however not opposed to leaving from somewhere else like California or New York. I can book separate flight for that.

I need a lay flat bid or at the very list a very nice first class accommodation. I always fly Delta but they are asking 8K for Delta One which is a bit ridiculous.

Can anyone recommend a good and cheaper alternative airline?

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 19, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Garavar View Post
Looking for Round Trip Airfare from Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Hong Kong. I am however not opposed to leaving from somewhere else like California or New York. I can book separate flight for that.

I need a lay flat bid or at the very list a very nice first class accommodation. I always fly Delta but they are asking 8K for Delta One which is a bit ridiculous.

Thanks
For cash fares, do a search on Google Flights for Business Class.

AA charges 140,000 AAdvantage miles for a Business Class MileSAAver partner award between the lower 48 and HKG. Travel would be on AA or Alaska, and either Cathay Pacific or Japan Air Lines. When AA runs one of its frequent sales on miles, you can buy 140,000 AA miles for about $3,000. You would check for award availability first, and if you found something suitable, you would put it on a free, five-day hold before buying miles.

Note: You must be an AA AAdvantage member for at least 30 days in order to buy AA miles; membership is free.
Old Sep 4, 19, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Never flew AA, ever
Old Sep 4, 19, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Never flew AA, ever
Well, unless you need to travel within the next several weeks, you can sign up for an AAdvantage account now, and be able to buy miles a month from now, if and when you find award availability and there's a good sale on AA miles.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 4, 19, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
DL no longer flies HKG. This has to be with partners. Hence, the price.

Never flew AA, ever
You want cheap business? AA or UA. Pick either one.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:55 pm

Don't buy miles in the hopes of getting an award ticket. AA hardly ever releases awards on their own planes and partner availability is always a crapshoot. Same for UA. West Coast to HKG can be had on the Chinese airlines (Air China, China Eastern, Hainan, China Southern) for less than $3500 usually, sometimes less than $3000 RT. I'd do this and then book a separate flight from Florida to LAX/SFO. Much better than paying through the nose to fly AA or UA. The Chinese airlines are generally better than the USA ones.
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What other airlines - routes have you looked at?
When do you want to travel?
$8,000 for business class, like Delta One may be the going rate for the better airlines (DL One is not first class)

First class (nice or otherwise) will be very expensive. Airlines/aircraft/routes with long haul first class is decreasing. Long haul first (or business) class is nothing like what is sold as first class on many (old) 2 class USA aircraft. Is far better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_K...tional_Airport
Great Circle Mapper

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 6, 19 at 11:51 pm
Old Sep 10, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
It's long flights with long layover, but in J might be it's a good thing? Random 7 day stay in October

EK $3835 1-stop
AC $4827 1-stop

or from YYZ USD $2600 and under on Chinese airlines.
Clipper801 likes this.

Search this Thread