Wiki Posts
Search

The HKIA contingency handling during demonstration

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

The HKIA contingency handling during demonstration

Hey guys

The protest in hong kong international airport had paralysed the operation for consecutive 2 days, flight were canceled. Just wondering how do you see the way of handling by the airport authority ? Do you think it's been properly handled or any suggestions for improvement ?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Ling Chow. Since this is your first post on FlyerTalk, inquiring minds would like to know your intention of posting such questions.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

as I'm an aviation student so id like to learn how expertise or travellers here think about the issue and how airport can prepare contingency plan for this kind of thing. just for learning, casual talk
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I won't say too much about this, as it can be very political and this sounds like homework. Nevertheless - HKAA handled the situation extremely poorly.

Unlike BKK's closure in 2008, demonstrations at HKG have been announced. Given the past events before the closure, HKAA can reasonably anticipate that flight ops at HKG can be affected.

However, HKAA did not work with other stakeholders, such as CAD - issuing a NOTAMs regarding the potential problem, airlines - airlines were aware of the closure after the fact. In the alternative, the HKAA could work with the demonstrators to limit the impact to travelers. Everything could be done has not been done.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ling Chow
as I'm an aviation student so id like to learn how expertise or travellers here think about the issue and how airport can prepare contingency plan for this kind of thing. just for learning, casual talk
Where are you studying? Name of university (or other educational institution) and location please, and also what degree program?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where are you studying? Name of university (or other educational institution) and location please, and also what degree program?
Over/under on the crickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.