FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   Regal Hotel at Hong Kong airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1979188-regal-hotel-hong-kong-airport.html)

JKPFlyer Jul 19, 2019 9:38 am

Regal Hotel at Hong Kong airport

Anyone used the Regal Hotel at Hong Kong airport. We have an arrival at 1:00 am in the morning and I was going to stay in the hotel for a few hours before moving on to our cruise. booked with no issues. But I then saw on Orbitz that it stated the hotel did not do checkins after midnight and you would have to wait until the morning. anyone with any information on this ???

obscure2k Jul 19, 2019 11:22 am

Moving this over to the FT Hong Kong Forum
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

christep Jul 19, 2019 11:37 pm

For the definitive answer: https://www.regalhotel.com/regal-air...concierge.html

JKPFlyer Jul 20, 2019 5:25 am

Thanks

Originally Posted by christep (Post 31322859)

I finally heard back from the hotel and they said it should be no problem.

hclee01 Jul 21, 2019 11:02 am

I don't think it will be a problem. My flight into HK landed past 12midnight last year and I was able to check-in to the hotel at around 1am.

arabiamark Jul 27, 2019 9:02 am

Last month I was also able to check in after midnight, even without a reservation.

ESpen36 Jul 29, 2019 4:06 am

Great hotel! Highly recommended--I've stayed there many times. And it's the only hotel that has a direct connection to the airport, with no shuttle bus or long outdoor walk required. Many restaurants of different types available inside the hotel as well, although I haven't tried them.

Davvidd Jul 30, 2019 10:03 pm

True. I have checked in around 5 am too and they were open. It is a good hotel for a stopover and most of the staff were nice, especially the filipinos.

ijgordon Jul 31, 2019 8:33 pm

I couldn't for the life of me imagine an airport hotel in a major city not having a 24-hour front desk!
I haven't stayed here in a few years, but it was always a fine (and convenient!) stay.
What may happen at 1am is there is one staff member on duty and 5 groups waiting ahead of you to check in though... :)

nivsy Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm

I have read some horror stories about this hotel. Over rated not very clean rooms and indifferent staff. As I have around 30 hours or so and bearing in mind the current situation in HK, is this hotel a good idea for staying? I am not after luxury but good VFM.

lsquare Aug 18, 2019 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 31353739)
Great hotel! Highly recommended--I've stayed there many times. And it's the only hotel that has a direct connection to the airport, with no shuttle bus or long outdoor walk required. Many restaurants of different types available inside the hotel as well, although I haven't tried them.

Yes, I agree. 11 years ago, I was stuck in HKG due to a typhoon. CX paid for my accommodation at the Regal for 4 nights if I remember correctly!

GT80 Sep 22, 2019 12:14 am

We recently stayed at the Marriott Skycity direct in front of the Airport. Clear plus was the quick transportation and I think the value for money was excellent as well. However in some areas (e.g. executive Lounge) you can feel that it`s older already however renovation has started and we received one of the better rooms. A clear recommendation in my view.

Chromie25 Sep 24, 2019 3:06 am

Originally Posted by GT80 (Post 31550141)
We recently stayed at the Marriott Skycity direct in front of the Airport. Clear plus was the quick transportation and I think the value for money was excellent as well. However in some areas (e.g. executive Lounge) you can feel that it`s older already however renovation has started and we received one of the better rooms. A clear recommendation in my view.

Surprised about the comment on Skycity Marriott (or parts of it) being old. Property is only 10 years old although I haven't been there for the last 5 years.

matt85 Oct 9, 2019 10:37 pm

I'm going to stay a weekend in mid November in HKG. I wasn't planning to make this a sightseeing trip, it's more an extended layover. I'm perfectly fine to confine myself to the offerings of the hotel, if needed... My original plan was to pick a nice hotel given that it's only 2 nights so the expense is manageable.
However, given the situation over there now I'm really cautious how much I should move away from the airport. The Regal and the Skycity Marriott would be obvious choices for that.
How do these stack up against the nicer properties in the city? Is it advisable to stay closer to the airport?

christep Oct 10, 2019 2:44 am

Well obviously they aren't in the top league (Four Seasons, Peninsula, Rosewood, Mandarin, etc) and you can get great prices everywhere at the moment, so it's a good chance to enjoy one of the best places if you can. Transport by taxi is unlikely to be a problem. By public transport the risk of problems is likely to be higher on the late afternoon/evenings of Friday/saturday Sunday. So it depends on your timings. If, say, you arrive on Friday morning and depart on Monday Morning then there should be no problem at all.