FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   HK Airport Express Same Day (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1977529-hk-airport-express-same-day.html)

richh1833 Jul 10, 19 8:07 am

HK Airport Express Same Day

Hi everyone. I'm planning to spend about 12 hours in the city in HK and head back to the airport/asia-expo for a show before catching a flight out. I've noticed that HKIA and Expo have the same costs. But if I choose to take the AE from HKIA to Kowloon and Kowloon to Asia Expo. Will this be a valid same day trip? Or do I have to do HKIA-Kowloon-HKIA for it to be valid?

DragonSoul Jul 11, 19 9:42 pm

"Enjoy a FREE return journey when you travel on the Airport Express for a round trip to and from the Airport within the same day. This offer is applicable to both Octopus and Same Day Return ticket holders (except journey between Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo stations)."

Perhaps you can buy a Same Day Return ticket (HK-Kowloon-HK) and a separate ticket to AsiaWorld-Expo (HK$6 one-way from the airport) from the ticket counter at the airport. On the return trip stay on the train, assuming it's going on to AsiaWorld.

ftrichard Jul 12, 19 1:10 am

You can buy tickets at a discount rate off Klook. The barcode is sent immediately to your phone. Check this out before you buy your ticket direct ot from another source.

tentseller Jul 12, 19 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31295324)
You can buy tickets at a discount rate off Klook. The barcode is sent immediately to your phone. Check this out before you buy your ticket direct ot from another source.

Does KLOOK sell same day return tickets?

ftrichard Jul 14, 19 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 31295434)

Yes. The barcode is sent immediately by email to your phone and the app. You could get on the train at the airport where there are no barriers and buy the ticket before you get off where there are barriers to read the barcode.

Download the app and take a look. If I were being ruthless then I'd send you my Referral Code to save you a small amount on your first purchase. They have many entry and transfer tickets that are discounted and immediate. I use it all the time.

tentseller Jul 15, 19 4:29 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31303630)
Yes. The barcode is sent immediately by email to your phone and the app. You could get on the train at the airport where there are no barriers and buy the ticket before you get off where there are barriers to read the barcode.

Download the app and take a look. If I were being ruthless then I'd send you my Referral Code to save you a small amount on your first purchase. They have many entry and transfer tickets that are discounted and immediate. I use it all the time.

​​​​​The question was and still is:

Does Klook sell SAME DAY RETURN AEx ticket?

ftrichard Jul 15, 19 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 31304703)
​​​​​The question was and still is:

Does Klook sell SAME DAY RETURN AEx ticket?

Given that you're shouting and your reply is extremely rude to a stranger who was trying to be helpful I am compelled to answer like this: would it kill you to look this up yourself on Klook. It would certainly be quicker and more definitive. Anyway, surely the issue is: is the return trip cheaper on Klook than buying direct whether it's a return ticket or two singles. And I did answer your question in the first word of my reply.

Really, some people. I regret pointing you in the direction of a convenient and cheaper way of making this journey.

DragonSoul Jul 16, 19 12:08 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 31295434)

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31303630)
Yes.

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31307378)
And I did answer your question in the first word of my reply.

Er... Klook does not sell the Same Day Return (SDR) ticket. It's sells an ordinary return ticket, which obviously can be used on the same day, but not the one with the free return journey. The MTR is the only place to buy the SDR ticket.

ftrichard Jul 16, 19 1:07 am

Originally Posted by DragonSoul (Post 31308069)
Er... Klook does not sell the Same Day Return (SDR) ticket. It's sells an ordinary return ticket, which obviously can be used on the same day, but not the one with the free return journey. The MTR is the only place to buy the SDR ticket.

Fine, fine. If y'all are experts in the nuances of HK Express ticket names and validity then I'll withdraw back to more constructive forums. Bye.

DragonSoul Jul 16, 19 3:13 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31308195)
Fine, fine. If y'all are experts in the nuances of HK Express ticket names and validity then I'll withdraw back to more constructive forums. Bye.

Although this information is on the MTR website and the Klook website, I was trying to clarify things for the OP. Didn't want them searching for a Same Day Return ticket on Klook when it's not available there. How is that not constructive (rhetorical)? :confused:

christep Jul 16, 19 3:22 am

You ( @ftrichard ) obviously have a different understanding of the word "constructive" from me. To me for advice to be constructive it must first and foremost not be factually wrong. Your advice was factually wrong. The first reply gave the correct, constructive advice. You then came along as an unhelpful shill for Klook, making false statements in the process. That is far from constructive. All everyone else did was point out your error.

tentseller Jul 16, 19 5:00 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard (Post 31307378)
Given that you're shouting and your reply is extremely rude to a stranger who was trying to be helpful I am compelled to answer like this: would it kill you to look this up yourself on Klook. It would certainly be quicker and more definitive. Anyway, surely the issue is: is the return trip cheaper on Klook than buying direct whether it's a return ticket or two singles. And I did answer your question in the first word of my reply.

Really, some people. I regret pointing you in the direction of a convenient and cheaper way of making this journey.

I needed to shout a second time as someone did not check their facts when suggested the first time. We need to get the facts right as a service to the readers of this thread as Hong Kongers.

ftrichard Jul 16, 19 8:50 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 31308584)
I needed to shout a second time as someone did not check their facts when suggested the first time. We need to get the facts right as a service to the readers of this thread as Hong Kongers.

And yet you, in this sub-forum, chose to lead me into a nuance trap for your own entertainment rather than actually state the 100% factually correct information that you already knew to the OP. So, tentseller, you asked a nuanced question of me that you already knew the answer to... rather than just provide the OP with the more detailed answer with your specific local knowledge.

My experience of FlyerTalk elsewhere is that people are constructive (there's that word again) rather than teasingly pedantic. If you knew that Klook doesn't offer that very specific variant of the return ticket (same day, different to open return ticket that Klook sells at a discount) then why not say so constructively rather than open a trap for a stranger who is trying to save the OP some money.

We all hate ourselves for so many things. But chiefly, right now, I hate myself for responding to this thread again.