Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower access at Priority Pass lounge access on arrival in HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Shower access at Priority Pass lounge access on arrival in HKG

I will be arriving on Cathay Pacific flight at terminal 1 and I was wondering if any of the priority pass lounges will let me use the showers on arrival. I can’t check in hotel until 4pm so and Centurion lounge doesn’t allow access on arrival.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which hotel, and what time will you get there if you go straight from the airport? If you can't swing early check-in, you can probably get a shower/soak in the gym.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Which hotel, and what time will you get there if you go straight from the airport? If you can't swing early check-in, you can probably get a shower/soak in the gym.
it will be Popway hotel. Will get here 9am
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I'm confused as to why you think asking here is preferable simply to looking on the Priority Pass site for the information?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...premium-lounge
is a landside lounge to which you have access.

(The Terminal 1/Terminal 2 thing at HKG is a very confusing way of simply naming separate parts of the check-ins and adjacent areas. There is only one arrivals hall.)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christep
I'm confused as to why you think asking here is preferable simply to looking on the Priority Pass site for the information?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...premium-lounge
is a landside lounge to which you have access.

(The Terminal 1/Terminal 2 thing at HKG is a very confusing way of simply naming separate parts of the check-ins and adjacent areas. There is only one arrivals hall.)
I did and it doesn’t tell you if access on arrival is ok or not like the Centurion lounge page does.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Which bit of "landside" is hard for you to understand?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Priority Pass membership does not care if you are arriving or departing to access their lounges (at least my Priority Pass Select Membership does not). I have used the landside Plaza Premium Lounge in HKG on both departure and arrival flights.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Well they ask for boarding pass.Or proof of same day departure / arrival at the land side lounge. Shower is included in the Priority Pass visit.

>> Priority Pass membership does not care if you are arriving or departing to access their lounges

Try that at SIN Changi and be surprised (and denied entry) without a departing boarding pass at SOME PP lounges there..
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:09 pm

@OP, please don't post in multiple forums about the same subject
Can I access priority pass lounge in HKG on arrival?

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
Priority Pass membership does not care if you are arriving or departing to access their lounges (at least my Priority Pass Select Membership does not). I have used the landside Plaza Premium Lounge in HKG on both departure and arrival flights.
some lounges/restaurants do care. on PP's website, they will explicitly say these restrictions on the lounge/restaurant page

there used to be a couple that required int'l departure boarding pass (cant find one)

JFK KAL lounge: All passengers must hold a boarding pass departing from Terminal 1.
(more relaxed)
MCO: All passengers with a Boarding Pass can gain access to the lounge but passengers not departing from Gates 1-29 will be required to pass through Security. Please allow sufficient time to reach the departure gates.

Originally Posted by beep88
Try that at SIN Changi and be surprised (and denied entry) without a departing boarding pass at SOME PP lounges there..
I was able to access dnata T1 and SATS T2 on arrival on separate occasion, wanted a shower before going thru immigration/bags. wasn't departing from changi. Ymmv

Last edited by paperwastage; Jul 11, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.