Reload this Page >

Impacts of demonstrations on travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
A new thread/Wiki has been created to help FTers navigating Hong Kong during the civil unrest:

Hong Kong Civil Unrest - Survival Guide Q&As (Flame Free)

Please refer to the thread as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Impacts of demonstrations on travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Following this thread as I am arriving for an overnight Saturday in Kowloon
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Next weekend's protests are expected to be in the New Territories: Saturday 13/7 in Sheung Shui (focusing specifically on parallel traders), and Sunday 14/7 in Shatin.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by christep
Next weekend's protests are expected to be in the New Territories: Saturday 13/7 in Sheung Shui (focusing specifically on parallel traders), and Sunday 14/7 in Shatin.
Appreciate the information, thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:13 am

The weekend protests in Sheung Shui and Shatin did not end peacefully, and MTR service to Shatin Station was halted Sunday night.

New Town Plaza in Shatin is about the last place I would warned anyone off, but here we are.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
I appeal to all travllers to immediately CANCEL all plans to visit Hong Kong during this summer holiday, in particular DO NOT TRAVEL to Hong Kong on weekends.

Violent protesters and police have ran out of control and they are violently attacking and going anywhere in Hong Kong during these protests. We also heard reports that the government may announce Martial Laws on parts of Hong Kong.

For your safety and security, please DO NOT travel to Hong Kong on weekends, consider changing your tickets to other cities such as Singapore, Macau etc.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
I appeal to all travllers to immediately CANCEL all plans to visit Hong Kong during this summer holiday, in particular DO NOT TRAVEL to Hong Kong on weekends.

Violent protesters and police have ran out of control and they are violently attacking and going anywhere in Hong Kong during these protests. We also heard reports that the government may announce Martial Laws on parts of Hong Kong.

For your safety and security, please DO NOT travel to Hong Kong on weekends, consider changing your tickets to other cities such as Singapore, Macau etc.
What? I must be in a parallel Hong Kong.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Me too.

And who are you, @Metropolitan Airlines, to feel that it is your job to "appeal" to people to change their travel plans? What business is it of yours?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Originally Posted by christep
Me too.

And who are you, @Metropolitan Airlines, to feel that it is your job to "appeal" to people to change their travel plans? What business is it of yours?
Is there another Hong Kong that Metropolitan Airlines is referring to?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:36 am

While I can only speak for myself, having been there on day of the handover protests, I still feel safer when in HK than probably any other city in the world.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:23 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
That user sounds like a 五毛
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free

Are you searching for CX MPC miles tickets into Hong Kong for a weekend this summer?
kevincrumbs, :D!, Shi and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Will be coming through HKG over the weekend for a short 24-hour stop this Saturday 20JULY. I follow the news and the only change I made to my plans was moving from a hotel above Pacific Place to the Mody Road area in TST.

Happy to come to Hong Kong, one of the world's great cities.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA JAL
SCMP reporting possible next protest areas:

The front’s planned march would be a major protest among a series in the pipeline, including a social workers’ silent march from Wan Chai to the Chief Executive’s Office in Admiralty on Sunday, rallies against Chinese state-owned publishers at the
Hong Kong Book Fair on Wednesday, and demonstrations in Mong Kok, Hung Hom, Western district and Tseung Kwan O in the coming weekends.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...hong-kong-warn

So TST area may be affected due to proximity to Mong Kok and Hung Hom.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Pickles
Are you searching for CX MPC miles tickets into Hong Kong for a weekend this summer?
I appeal to everyone to cancel their plans if they are flying SQ1 or 2 in J or F in late September. That is all.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
I don't even know how I did that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.