Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Any transportation use CC from HKG Ferry to nearby hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any transportation use CC from HKG Ferry to nearby hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
HK Taxi app only work with HK numbers.

IME (and conversation with some drivers), during busy times the drivers just ignore the calls from the app as it is faster for them to get a ride curbside. The other issue is driver would like to take the cash home after a shift, not having to wait for a transfer into their bank account a few days later.

Uber is illegal but handy. Visitors do not need to do anything like setting up account link credit card and all that jazz. However, the Uber drivers are very good at manipulating their end of the app to control surge pricing which can sometimes be more than triple what a taxi metre will charge. I had one request that showed an Uber Black at 40% less than standard Uber car.
Xeno likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.