Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting from HKG to Sha Tin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Getting from HKG to Sha Tin

I will be flying into HKG and then need to get to Sha Tin. Have done this trip many times and I normally take an Airbus (A41) in both directions. However, with mass demonstrations taking place due to the extradition law, what are the chances of my journey being interrupted?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Very low. Demonstrations are mostly in Admiralty area
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by puchong
I will be flying into HKG and then need to get to Sha Tin. Have done this trip many times and I normally take an Airbus (A41) in both directions. However, with mass demonstrations taking place due to the extradition law, what are the chances of my journey being interrupted?
No issue at all. However some shops and restaurants are closed today (and possibly the next few days) so just take note. Otherwise it is a overwhelmingly peaceful protest which will not affect your travel plans from HKG airport to Sha Tin.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by flubber
No issue at all. However some shops and restaurants are closed today (and possibly the next few days) so just take note. Otherwise it is a overwhelmingly peaceful protest which will not affect your travel plans from HKG airport to Sha Tin.
I agree that there will not be any disruption between HKIA and Sha Tin.
But I strongly disagree with your "a overwhelmingly peaceful protest"
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by tentseller
I agree that there will not be any disruption between HKIA and Sha Tin.
But I strongly disagree with your "a overwhelmingly peaceful protest"
When I wrote the post yesterday at 1:57pm it was still overwhelmingly peaceful. Please let's not descent into "he said/she said" here.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by flubber
When I wrote the post yesterday at 1:57pm it was still overwhelmingly peaceful. Please let's not descent into "he said/she said" here.
It was what I saw by lunchtime vs what you saw as well as our different definition of peaceful.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:32 am

Having been largely driven out of Admiralty, a small group of protesters seems to be adopting guerilla tactics and disrupting MTR services by various means, like holding doors open. This happened today, June 13, at some stations far from Central, like Lam Tin. If this continues and spreads, it might indeed delay a journey to Sha Tin.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...n-services-non
Xeno likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Oh for heaven's sake! A few people making a token stand against the CCP dictatorship is hardly likely to disrupt a tourist's trip to Sha Tin. And certainly not by more than a few minutes; the journey will almost certainly still be far more efficient than it would have been wherever they came from!
kevincrumbs and tentseller like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:15 am

Well that's a fine attempt at mischaracterising my post.

Point is the situation is in flux. But it's no longer out of the question that protests might affect travel to Sha Tin, at least by rail, and the OP should check the current situation on arrival at CLK.

www.twitter.com/mtrupdate
Eagle2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.