Reload this Page >

What to do at HKG at 4 am

What to do at HKG at 4 am

Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:32 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by mnbp
First departure on the Airport Express train from Airport to the City is at 05:54.
And?? My suggestion did not involve taking the airport express from the airport.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by noahsilv

Also have frequent visitor on my passport so immigration will take ten seconds. Maybe I'll just get a bite at the Plaza premium
used the HKG PP arrivals after a red eye(landing 5am), need to show original boarding pass

food options isn't good in the early morning (mostly snacks, drinks and coffee machine, no line for shower). stayed there until the first bus starts (~5-6am)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Next you hop on the first train to the city, where you watch the city waking up by taking an early ferry (starts 6:30am) to Kowloon where you across the road over to the Peninsula and enjoy the breakfast buffet (7:00am) at The Verandah...
I like this plan. Breakfast buffet at 5-star hotel is always a highlight of my HKG visit. Would be a shame to fill up on mediocre food at Plaza Premium or Tsui Wah. Like the idea of early morning Star Ferry.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
WANCHAI!!!!

There are 24 hour dim sum places in town. There used to be one in Mongkok and there are certainly things open there but I'm not too familiar.

The first that comes to mind is Sun Hing in Kennedy Town opens at 3AM. You can take a bus but best to get a cab at that time from HKG. If airport express is available you can take that and then the MTR or a cab from Airport Express at Hong Kong Station (last stop).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Lol so my AA flight ended up being canceled, and levy'd that into getting CX J instead and cutting my layover in half...so didn't leave the airport.
Shi likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It says here that the Plaza Premium landside lounge is open 24 hours;

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...premium-lounge

Regards

TBS
Yep, it's 24 hours. I've been there a couple of times during the early parts of the day.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paperwastage
used the HKG PP arrivals after a red eye(landing 5am), need to show original boarding pass

food options isn't good in the early morning (mostly snacks, drinks and coffee machine, no line for shower). stayed there until the first bus starts (~5-6am)
Compared to the Centurion Lounge, I find the selection to be pretty bad, but there is a noodle bar if I remember correctly. I don't think the selection gets any better as you approach the later parts of the day. I've been inside the lounge at like 2 AM in the morning, noon, early afternoon and unless my memory is mistaken, it seems to be the same. The best part of the lounge is the shower. There's nothing like taking a shower after a 13 hour flight, but that's me.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
You exaggerate. It's "only" HK$390... unless you add in the free-flow drinks package.
Oh my lord...how's the quality of the food? HK$390 is balling for breakfast...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by noahsilv
I'll take a Bo lo bao and coffee for $40hkd lol
Milk tea is better than coffee...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.