Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best rooftop bars in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Best rooftop bars in Hong Kong

I'm a rooftop bar lover and addict. Nothing makes me quite as happy as a good rooftop bar, and I've been to quite a few around the world.

Hong Kong is likely tied with Bangkok for my favorite city when it comes to rooftop bars. What are everyone's favorites? Here are the ones I've visited:

- Wooloomooloo Wan Chai — definitely my favorite. Great location, outdoor views right in the middle of the action, and good drinks and ambiance.
- Bar de Luxe (indoor) — the best drinks and a bit of a hidden gem, an offshoot of Tokyo's famous Bar High Five, and right by LKF
- W WET — (76th floor) highest open air rooftop pool in the world. not the best drink, but so unbelievably cool to be so high in an open air pool. the views of the hardbor are a bit blo ked by other nearby supertall buildings
- Ozone — too high, and rather overrated, but fun to do it once for the "highest in the world" factor
- Eyebar — ok, nice views but not my favorite ambiance
- Wooloomooloo TST — nice to get a seat outside, but nowhere near as good as the Wan Chai location
- Ovolo Southside — a fun spot but in the middle of nowhere. Two level, but the higher level is rarely open due to it not getting much business

I still need to get myself to the Park Lane and Ce La Vi.

Where are the other gems I'm missing?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Well since your definition of "rooftop" seems to include "high floor with a view" since indoor bars are allowed, then TOTTS at The Excelsior (which has a terrace). But be quick - it's closing after 46 years on 31 March.

For a very basic bar with some snacks and a great view, the one on top of Central Pier 3 is OK.

It's a bit unfair to describe Ovolo Southside as "middle of nowhere" - Wong Chuk Hang has quite an art scene and several decent "private kitchen" restaurants around. And with the South Island Line it's only a few minutes from the traditional centres of things. The only downside (of the lower level bar at least) in my experience is that there tend to be a load of families with young kids running around when I go there early evening.

More a rooftop restaurant than a bar (the bar is on the ground floor) is Padstow in Pak Sha Wan (Hebe Haven, near Sai Kung). It's a great spot to have lunch on a nice day.

Over the years the rooftop at The Fringe Club has been available as an outdoor area for the bar sometimes, but it seems not to be at the moment.

The Ladies Recreation Club has a nice rooftop bar/event area surrounded by the mid-levels towers (but it's a members-only club).

But to be honest, the best rooftop "bars" in HK are probably those that are owned by the person with the apartment below them. Many apartment blocks in HK have some really nice rooftops which the owners have equipped with all the trimmings (I know one with a wood-fired pizza oven!). But obviously you need to know the people and get invited to those parties!
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Sevva on Prince's Building. China Club Terrace. The public area on the IFC rooftop podium, BYOB.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:20 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
If it is "high floor with a view" as rooftop, then Felix at Peninsula would be my choice. .I suppose their helipad qualifies as rooftop
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:05 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Can you get drinks on the Helipad? That'd be fun!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
This is a great thread!

Opps! Originally listed the wrong restaurant! Sorry. Edited now.

Champ Kitchen & Bar-Causeway Bay. 25th floor.

I can't speak to the food because I've never really eaten there. But it's got a nice view of the bay. You can see the Excelsior terrance from here. Been twice, and I'll go back again.

Last edited by Gongzuokuang; Feb 27, 2019 at 8:04 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by number_6
If it is "high floor with a view" as rooftop, then Felix at Peninsula would be my choice.
Too bad they have those idiotic curtain slats that kind of ruin the view. If you want the same view but "clean", Hutong and Aqua Bar at 1 Peking are good choices.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
Sevva on Prince's Building.
+1 Amazing place for desert too!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.