Reload this Page >

HKG airport hotels for 10 hour stay

Old Jan 22, 19, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold

Hi all

I'm traveling to Sydney from LHR next month, and have a 10 hour stop over in HKG on both legs. Intention is to find an on-site airport hotel, check in, grab some sleep, a shower and dinner, and then get back on the plane for the second flight.

Can anyone recommend a hotel at the airport for this? On the way to Sydney, I'll be landing in Hong Kong at 13:55, and then departing again at 23:55 (same day). On the way back, I'll be landing in Hong Kong at 15:25, and then departing again at 01:00. From those timings, I'm assuming that a day rate won't apply (particularly the homeward leg).

I'm an Amex Platinum holder, so have Gold status with the usual suspects (Radisson, SPG, 1865, Marriott, Melia, Hilton, IHG etc), but location / ease of finding it / location / cleanliness is more important than gathering points or getting an upgraded room.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There are only two hotels at/adjacent to the airport. Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
Tredders likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For SPG, you could consider the W on top of the Kowloon airport express station.
Tredders likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christep View Post
There are only two hotels at/adjacent to the airport. Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
Thanks for the info. I've booked the Marriott Skycity for both nights.
Old Apr 30, 19, 3:46 am
Original Poster

I forgot to update this thread, and thought a couple of points might be useful to anyone else with a lengthy stopover in HKG.

Being a Gold Marriott member, the hotel provided a courtesy car to the hotel, which meant no taxi required. Just email the hotel in advance, and they'll do the necessary.

The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport, and is a typical modern Marriott. My room was nice, although in reality I just walked in, shut the curtains, and slept for 6 hours! Woke up, grabbed a shower, and headed back to the airport for my second leg flight to SYD. The hotel was reasonably priced, and made a huge difference to my travel day. I got on the second flight refreshed, rather than shattered, and was in good shape when I arrived in SYD. I'll definitely do this again on my next trip there.
evergrn, seavisionburma and EdofFX like this.
Old May 3, 19, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Tredders View Post
Being a Gold Marriott member, the hotel provided a courtesy car to the hotel, which meant no taxi required. Just email the hotel in advance, and they'll do the necessary.
There is a regularly scheduled free shuttle bus between HKG and the hotel.

Do you mean the hotel sent you a private car specifically for you?
Old May 10, 19, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
There is a regularly scheduled free shuttle bus between HKG and the hotel.

Do you mean the hotel sent you a private car specifically for you?
They do that for Marriott (Bonvoy) elite members.
Tredders likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: