Sunday Brunch recommendation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sunday Brunch recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I went to the Mandarin Oriental in November. I liked that the free-flow Champagne (Veuve, poured from magnums, regular or rose, same price) was an optional add-on. Frankly, I'm not that much of a fan of Veuve NV, though I had it anyway...

Variety was very good (not amazing, I've been to much larger buffets), but quality was top-notch. Lobster, king and snow crab (and possibly more), abalone, lots of sushi/sashimi, etc.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I thoroughly recommend Bizou in Pacific Place for free-flow brunch on Saturday or Sunday. They do a mini-buffet of salads/coldcuts/cheese/desserts for around HK$180 with an optional main course for an additional HK$100-200 depending on what you want with optional free-flow wine (including Codorníu sparkling) for HK$130.

Can't remember the exact prices. They're something like that. And you get Asia Miles as well. Posted within 24 hours.

It's my go-to place for a boozy weekend lunch in HK if I cannot be bothered to go to Stanley and don't want to pay through the nose at a high-end hotel buffet. As christep comments below, the regular prices at Bizou are ridiculously high for food and booze at other times which makes the weekend brunch great value.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by ftrichard; Feb 19, 2019 at 5:08 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Details of the Bizou weekend brunch: http://www.diningconcepts.com/show_f...e435abcfe0.pdf The free-flow is only for 2 hours, and I guess it's wine that retails for about HK$50, so even that's not so great.

Their prices outside of that are ludicrously high - $96 (inc svc) for 500ml of draft Asahi, for example!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you don't mind the price, brunch in a really top hotel such as the Peninsula or RC should be a good experience, although the specifics of the offer (such as the champagne) should be checked carefully in advance.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by christep
Details of the Bizou weekend brunch: http://www.diningconcepts.com/show_f...e435abcfe0.pdf The free-flow is only for 2 hours, and I guess it's wine that retails for about HK$50, so even that's not so great.

Their prices outside of that are ludicrously high - $96 (inc svc) for 500ml of draft Asahi, for example!
You don't have to go there or try it. Just my recommendation for <HK$400 each. I've done it many times.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:14 am
Suspended

Sure - sorry if you misunderstood. I meant to imply that the buffet appeared good value compared to their normal a la carte.

Since you keep going back I guess the wine is at least palatable.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, I went to the Mandarin Oriental in November. I liked that the free-flow Champagne (Veuve, poured from magnums, regular or rose, same price) was an optional add-on. Frankly, I'm not that much of a fan of Veuve NV, though I had it anyway...

Variety was very good (not amazing, I've been to much larger buffets), but quality was top-notch. Lobster, king and snow crab (and possibly more), abalone, lots of sushi/sashimi, etc.
I went to MO last Sunday and yeah, variety was a little low but the quality of the food/dishes on offer was (for the most part) very good. I especially liked the scallops on the sashimi bar, the 3 types of oysters, and the abalone / king crab legs over on the cold seafood section. Not sure if these are par for the course for HK buffets, but they're certainly not too common at SG buffets.

More photos here if you're interested.
kevincrumbs and ijgordon like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by shuigao
More photos here if you're interested.
Very nice, thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:41 am

Just wanted to add something to this thread: Just did the RC Sunday brunch. It's ~1.050 HKD incl SC with free flow of Veuve Cliquot for 4 hours. Food variety is rather limited but - unsurpringly - very, very good and up there with the best of the them.

The thing to note and why I am writing this: Be aware that there is no non-alcoholic package available. While you're essentially paying for the champagne, you'll be stuck with a very basic, standard selection of soft drinks and juices (no mocktails or anything).

While they are always quick to refill the champagne as they walk around with the bottles, it sometimes took well over 10 minutes for them bring out a small glass of soft drinks from somewhere waaaay back in the kitchen.

So it is called Champagne brunch for a reason, and I suggest you only go if you intend to actually drink the champagne. Otherwise the price is a bit too high for what you get.
kirkwoodj and ijgordon like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the Ritz Carlton's brunch was free-flow Dom? Or do they have two separate brunches?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shuigao
I went to MO last Sunday and yeah, variety was a little low but the quality of the food/dishes on offer was (for the most part) very good. I especially liked the scallops on the sashimi bar, the 3 types of oysters, and the abalone / king crab legs over on the cold seafood section. Not sure if these are par for the course for HK buffets, but they're certainly not too common at SG buffets.
Yes, I loved the scallop sashimi, and also the ama ebi! And I forgot about the foie gras they handed out!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:07 pm

I don't know if this qualifies in this thread but I've had some thoroughly enjoyable days out to Macau for Sunday Brunch. The hotels on the strip there offer significantly better value free-flow brunches than in HK and if the weather is nice then you get an enjoyable day trip away from the city.

I've done the most extensive at Belon restaurant at the Banyon Tree, a perfectly good one at the Ritz Carlton and the extremely good value one at Bene at the Sheraton (which had a WeChat voucher for 25% off last weekend). All with freeflow Champagne/sparkling wine and other alcohol.

Last Sunday with visitors we got the 7.30am ferry, did a walking tour of the old town and ruins in the rain, caught the Sands bus to the Sheraton in time for midday brunch and then took in the sights on the strip including the Batman ride before heading home about 5.30pm. A thoroughly enjoyable and boozy Sunday.
kirkwoodj and gpia like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I thought the Ritz Carlton's brunch was free-flow Dom? Or do they have two separate brunches?
The current R-C Tosca Sunday brunch offerings are:
The essence of Italy is brought alive at Tosca. Located on Level 102 at 420 meters above sea level, Tosca Sunday Brunch offers an array of authentic delicacies and a selection of Italian specialties with unlimited bubblies of your choice.
Date: Every Sunday (From January 2, 2019 onwards)
Time: 11:30 am – 3 pm
Price: HK$938 per guest with free-flowing Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut
HK$1,388 per guest with free-flowing Ruinart Blanc de Blancs Brut or Rosé
HK$2,888 per guest with free-flowing Louis Roederer Cristal 2009

* The prices above are subject to 10% service charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.