Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I definitely don't see the Regal's convenience being worth anything extra as I consider the advantage minimal. Given that the OP is stressing being a bit fussy about a clean room etc, I would definitely stick with the Marriott. Since it is usually just my wife and I, I often forget the logistics of traveling with kids.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Last time I stayed at the regal it took me about 15-20 minutes to check in as there was a huge line to check-in.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Okay, thanks everyone!
I will stick with the Marriott!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by evergrn
Okay, thanks everyone!
I will stick with the Marriott!
Good call. It's a nice hotel.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
Problem with Novotel is that their twin beds are way too narrow to be shared by an adult and a child. I do recall the breakfast at Marriott being very good. Including breakfast for 4, Marriott (as would Regal) will exceed 2,000HKD total for the night. Makes me wonder if I should just suck it up and pay the 3,000HKG for the first night to start our stay at Conrad right from the get-go (at Conrad, breakfast is free). Then again I really don't want to take a late-night taxi down Lantau Hwy after a scary experience with a sleepy driver a few years ago.
Unless your hk stay is fairly long just go to Conrad - moving hotels wastes too much time and effort especially with kids
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I last stayed at the regal ~3 years ago and have stayed several other times over the years. It’s always been totally fine, pretty nice I’d even say. Definitely more convenient to walk the 3 minutes than take a shuttle. But the Marriott is pretty nice too.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:35 pm

I’ve only stayed at Regal before, so can’t comment on Marriott. It’s only short walk from the terminal, very convenient. We stayed at a suite before and it’s absolutely fine for a short stay. Breakfast is ok. Express checkout is great. When we travel with our little boy, convenience always wins!

Also, if you are taking AE to Hong Kong station, don’t bother buying the tickets at the airport, just get on the train and pay at the other end. Many people think they need a ticket to travel, but you don’t, you just need one to get out.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rontse
I’ve only stayed at Regal before, so can’t comment on Marriott. It’s only short walk from the terminal, very convenient. We stayed at a suite before and it’s absolutely fine for a short stay. Breakfast is ok. Express checkout is great. When we travel with our little boy, convenience always wins!

Also, if you are taking AE to Hong Kong station, don’t bother buying the tickets at the airport, just get on the train and pay at the other end. Many people think they need a ticket to travel, but you don’t, you just need one to get out.
The Regal is part of the airport, enclosed airconditioned access from T1.

You can buy online AE ticket while on the train to Hong Kong station. Klook.com offer them at a discounted price. The only cheaper ticket is same day return using Octopus.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by tentseller
The Regal is part of the airport, enclosed airconditioned access from T1.

You can buy online AE ticket while on the train to Hong Kong station. Klook.com offer them at a discounted price. The only cheaper ticket is same day return using Octopus.
Yep, I will second the Kook option. You can do it on your mobile phone and use the bar code to enter/exit. Love it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:19 pm

Arriving in Hong Kong at 06:30 AM 7-December. We want / need a room for about 4 to 5 hours. No problem paying full price. Do I book for the 7th departing on the 8th and hope for an early check in? Or do I book the 6th with check out on the 7th. I am Marriott platinum if it matters.

I would prefer the Regal, for only the reason that there is no shuttle involved.
Its my Wife and I, and the Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge is booked, and as its 2 of us, the cost of 2x 4hour sleeping rooms is about equal to a hotel anyways.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Regal offers a daytime rate that caters to travelers like you. Check their website. But then if you have Marriott Platinum it might be worthwhile for you to give them a call and see what they can do.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically if you want a guaranteed early check in, you book the night before your arrival.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Quick add on to this thread...wife and I will finishing our vacation in Vietnam and arriving around 9:00PM and aren’t do to fly out until 3:30PM the following day, not ideal but only one flight out of CXR and using points flying out of HKG. Do we just recoup at the Regal and maybe head into the city for a few hours or is there a little better option close to the airport and sleep in then head to the airport to lounge it/shop? Wife isn’t happy with spending this much “waste” time of our trip so I’m looking for guidance. We are spending two nights downtown before we leave for Vietnam, so I’m theory we’d have had some experience already on the trip in HKG. Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by SFore
Quick add on to this thread...wife and I will finishing our vacation in Vietnam and arriving around 9:00PM and aren’t do to fly out until 3:30PM,

the following day, not ideal but only one flight out of CXR and using points flying out of HKG. Do we just recoup at the Regal and maybe head into the city for a few hours or is there a little better option close to the airport and sleep in then head to the airport to lounge it/shop? Wife isn’t happy with spending this much “waste” time of our trip so I’m looking for guidance. We are spending two nights downtown before we leave for Vietnam, so I’m theory we’d have had some experience already on the trip in HKG. Thanks.
Hi,

I would probably just go straight downtown on the airport express or taxi and get a hotel close to the MTR station then the next morning enjoy hong kong then check in at the Airport express station ( if your airline has check in at the station ) and head back just after noon.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Im betting that hotel cost would go up heading downtown? We are flying SQ out of HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.