Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
FYI The Regal online has a dayroom for 10 hours between 9am to 9pm AND use of the spa and a 55 minute treatment for about 1,400 HKD including the 10% tax. It's online through their own site only, if you call or walk in the price is the same but doesn't have the spa stuff. I haven't used it as that was a bit steep for me and the last time I needed a dayroom I wanted 0700-1200 ish but I've stayed in the Regal before and it's fine.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFore
Im betting that hotel cost would go up heading downtown? We are flying SQ out of HKG.
There should be reasonably-priced options in Kowloon/TST, although they'd all require a taxi or shuttle from the Airport Express train station (unless you want to splurge for the W or the Ritz Carlton! But frankly, depending on time of year, W has a great pool deck to relax at the next day...). That said, taxis are cheap in HK.

Staying at the airport seems like kind of a drag given your departure time, although you could also do a same-day return trip on the Airport Express into town, or take a bus/taxi to Tung Chung for the cable car ride to the giant buddha, which you probably won't have time for on your earlier stay in HK.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I am trying to book the Regal for my wife and kids (make it easy) but it tries to force me to create a paypal account to pay with a US credit card. Wasn't like that last year when I did the same.

How big a hassle is getting to the Marriot? kids are mobile.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I am trying to book the Regal for my wife and kids (make it easy) but it tries to force me to create a paypal account to pay with a US credit card. Wasn't like that last year when I did the same.

Marriott SkyCity offers shuttle service from HKG airport to the hotel. Additionally, Airport Express train makes the very short (2 minute) journey from HKG to AsiaWorld Expo for 6.0 HKD. From AsiaWorld to Marriott is a short walk across the connecting second level pedestrian bridge connecting the two buildings.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
You might be able to book the Regal through Expedia and use a credit card.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: MP, BR

Regal's website is poorly laid out but there should be a credit card option. I've booked through the website using a credit card before.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Chromie25
Regal's website is poorly laid out but there should be a credit card option. I've booked through the website using a credit card before.
<br /><br />Me too. <br /><br />Now at the bottom of the credit card payment it says "create paypal account and continue" instead of the usual button that allows you to decline creating an account. <br />When I landed on the page, it had UK as the country selected, and the option to pay without an account was present. When I changed to USA, the option disappeared.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Are we talking about the same website?

At https://www.regalhotel.com/regal-air...home/home.html I get the same payment options, regardless of which currency I choose to pay in (USD, GBP, HKD). And they include every credit card type, PayPal, AliPay and some others. And although Paypal is used as the payment processor for, eg, Visa, there is no obligation at all to create a Paypal account.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:31 pm

Yes. Of course we are talking about the same website. This is what I am seeing just now when I do this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:22 pm
Suspended

This is interesting. When I tried it yesterday I got a normal credit card payment page. Doing exactly the same today I get taken to the same Paypal page as you are seeing.

Curious.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by christep
This is interesting. When I tried it yesterday I got a normal credit card payment page. Doing exactly the same today I get taken to the same Paypal page as you are seeing.

Curious.
I wonder if Regal even knows this. I imagine that like myself, others would be turned off by this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:30 am
Suspended

Digging a little more, it depends on the country you select on the Paypal payment page. If you select USA or UK you are forced to create a Paypal account. But for others that I tried (Sg, Ph, Antigua(!), HK) you aren't.

I'm not sure whether the payment page works if you select one country but then enter details of a card issued in another country (can't check that without paying).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by christep
Digging a little more, it depends on the country you select on the Paypal payment page. If you select USA or UK you are forced to create a Paypal account. But for others that I tried (Sg, Ph, Antigua(!), HK) you aren't.

I'm not sure whether the payment page works if you select one country but then enter details of a card issued in another country (can't check that without paying).
I had payment country defaulted to the country I specified or location locked. There are some sites that knows your physical location even bypassing your VPN, Some you can change and some you can't at the card information page.

There are charges and purchases that I would like to put on a card issued from certain countries due to reimbursement or business expense reason.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Very little hassle. You can ride their shuttle, or the Airport Express which is just one station, and then walk from it to the airport (about 100 yards, partly indoors, and the outdoors segment is mostly covered).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Very little hassle. You can ride their shuttle, or the Airport Express which is just one station, and then walk from it to the airport (about 100 yards, partly indoors, and the outdoors segment is mostly covered).
Thanks, actually upon reading of the current shuttle move situation for the Marriot which sounds like a huge hassle, I just opened a paypal account and went with the Regal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.