Wiki Posts
Search

Happy 20th Birthday - HKG!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Happy 20th Birthday - HKG!

(But I still miss landing at Kai Tak.)

kaka, abraxis and seavisionburma like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
My favorite part of landing at Kai Tak was watching TV in the apartments near the runway. That took my mind off the near-death experience in the air.

The growth near HKG is getting there. I expect to be able to watch TV from the plane pretty soon.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
It's one of the few areas that was less developed in the last 20 years due to lack of metro. and it's also the thai town of HK. it's actually quite cool to walk around that area and be only 15 mins away from the center of Mong Kok...

Best to do there, visit the park where the Walled Kowloon City once was, and have a Thai meal at the Cooked food center (This place had been consistently decent for the last 10-15 years, the places on the ground floor of streets is a hit or miss often. and some, down right bad and commercial).

The metro station shall open up in the next few years so who knows what the area will turn into.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.