Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

ATM or money changernear Grand Hyatt / Conrad Hong Kong

ATM or money changernear Grand Hyatt / Conrad Hong Kong

Old Apr 10, 18, 6:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 147
ATM or money changernear Grand Hyatt / Conrad Hong Kong

My first time to visit Hong Kong and stay at these hotels. Does anyone know the location of money changer or ATM machine near these location.

If so, can you please share . Thank you
vnfilm1 is offline  
Old Apr 10, 18, 7:08 pm
  #2  
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Posts: 8,162
Originally Posted by vnfilm1 View Post
My first time to visit Hong Kong and stay at these hotels. Does anyone know the location of money changer or ATM machine near these location.

If so, can you please share . Thank you
Citibank has ATMs in and near these hotels.
cxfan1960 is offline  
Old Apr 10, 18, 7:58 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 898
For the Grand Hyatt, there are (HSBC/Jetco) ATMs in the Convention & Exhibition Centre next door. For the Conrad, there are (HSBC/Jetco) ATMs in Pacific Place shopping mall below the hotel.
DragonSoul is offline  
Old Apr 10, 18, 9:49 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
there are banks with both set of ATMs in HKCEC next to grand hyatt where there's a direct access from the hotel to the exhibition center. the HSBC is on 1/F and there are a few banks nearby using jetco.
same with pacific place and conrad. iirc there's a HKBEA on 3/f and HSBC on 1/F.

i think all of these are plus/cirrus/cup machines
kaka is offline  
Old Apr 11, 18, 10:51 am
  #5  
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, California,USA
Posts: 17,048
For the Grand Hyatt, there are a zillion money changers below the elevated walkway from the hotel as you near the MTR station. Moneychangers tend to give a better rate than banks, but it is best to ask at a few before doing the transaction to get an idea of what is the best rate. This is easy to do since they are clustered together.
RichardInSF is offline  
Old Apr 11, 18, 11:45 am
  #6  
889
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,856
So far as I know, they all have posted current rates for major currencies, especially RMB, sometimes on a board at the back. So comparing is easy. Just make sure you know whether you're looking at the buy or sell rate.

Changing over a certain amount -- I've forgotten how much -- you'll now usually need your passport for anti-money laundering inspection.
889 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 18, 11:52 am
  #7  
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Posts: 8,162
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
For the Grand Hyatt, there are a zillion money changers below the elevated walkway from the hotel as you near the MTR station. Moneychangers tend to give a better rate than banks, but it is best to ask at a few before doing the transaction to get an idea of what is the best rate. This is easy to do since they are clustered together.
The best rate is possibly from an ATM. Anyway, I think there is an ATM inside Grand Hyatt.
cxfan1960 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 18, 11:04 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Posts: 10,289
Originally Posted by vnfilm1 View Post
My first time to visit Hong Kong and stay at these hotels. Does anyone know the location of money changer or ATM machine near these location.

If so, can you please share . Thank you
FWIW - it is easier to find an ATM after you leave the hotels. So my advice is you should load up at an ATM whenever you can find one.
garykung is offline  
Old Apr 12, 18, 7:10 pm
  #9  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,382
Originally Posted by 889 View Post
Changing over a certain amount -- I've forgotten how much -- you'll now usually need your passport for anti-money laundering inspection.
I believe it is $80K

Of course there is also a 20K daily limit for RMB.
:D! is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 4:08 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: None any more
Posts: 11,005
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
I believe it is $80K

Of course there is also a 20K daily limit for RMB.
Yes, $80K (essentially US$10K since they make the rules)

The 20K daily limit doesn't apply to anyone legally resident in HK (including foreigners).
christep is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 10:34 am
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Deleted- mixed up fx and money importing
kaka is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread