FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   ATM or money changernear Grand Hyatt / Conrad Hong Kong (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1903322-atm-money-changernear-grand-hyatt-conrad-hong-kong.html)

vnfilm1 Apr 10, 2018 6:58 pm

ATM or money changernear Grand Hyatt / Conrad Hong Kong

My first time to visit Hong Kong and stay at these hotels. Does anyone know the location of money changer or ATM machine near these location.

If so, can you please share . Thank you

cxfan1960 Apr 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 29626371)
My first time to visit Hong Kong and stay at these hotels. Does anyone know the location of money changer or ATM machine near these location.

Citibank has ATMs in and near these hotels.

DragonSoul Apr 10, 2018 7:58 pm

For the Grand Hyatt, there are (HSBC/Jetco) ATMs in the Convention & Exhibition Centre next door. For the Conrad, there are (HSBC/Jetco) ATMs in Pacific Place shopping mall below the hotel.

kaka Apr 10, 2018 9:49 pm

there are banks with both set of ATMs in HKCEC next to grand hyatt where there's a direct access from the hotel to the exhibition center. the HSBC is on 1/F and there are a few banks nearby using jetco.
same with pacific place and conrad. iirc there's a HKBEA on 3/f and HSBC on 1/F.

i think all of these are plus/cirrus/cup machines

RichardInSF Apr 11, 2018 10:51 am

For the Grand Hyatt, there are a zillion money changers below the elevated walkway from the hotel as you near the MTR station. Moneychangers tend to give a better rate than banks, but it is best to ask at a few before doing the transaction to get an idea of what is the best rate. This is easy to do since they are clustered together.

889 Apr 11, 2018 11:45 am

So far as I know, they all have posted current rates for major currencies, especially RMB, sometimes on a board at the back. So comparing is easy. Just make sure you know whether you're looking at the buy or sell rate.

Changing over a certain amount -- I've forgotten how much -- you'll now usually need your passport for anti-money laundering inspection.

cxfan1960 Apr 11, 2018 11:52 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 29628776)
For the Grand Hyatt, there are a zillion money changers below the elevated walkway from the hotel as you near the MTR station. Moneychangers tend to give a better rate than banks, but it is best to ask at a few before doing the transaction to get an idea of what is the best rate. This is easy to do since they are clustered together.

The best rate is possibly from an ATM. Anyway, I think there is an ATM inside Grand Hyatt.

garykung Apr 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 29626371)

FWIW - it is easier to find an ATM after you leave the hotels. So my advice is you should load up at an ATM whenever you can find one.

:D! Apr 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by 889 (Post 29629004)
Changing over a certain amount -- I've forgotten how much -- you'll now usually need your passport for anti-money laundering inspection.

I believe it is $80K

Of course there is also a 20K daily limit for RMB.

christep Apr 13, 2018 4:08 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 29634395)
I believe it is $80K

Of course there is also a 20K daily limit for RMB.

Yes, $80K (essentially US$10K since they make the rules)

The 20K daily limit doesn't apply to anyone legally resident in HK (including foreigners).

kaka Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am

Deleted- mixed up fx and money importing