Wiki Posts
Search

Airport to TST transport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
The Tesla option includes a Meet & Greet service, so I hadn't anticipated needing to WhatsApp the driver when they were supposed to be at the waiting area by McDs. Next time...

And the Alphard is the most embarrassing of all vehicles.
i get carsick in mpvs or suvs, so alphard is out. Ive test drove MX. Thats out too.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Am I alone in finding it quaint that people from the US get so excited about Teslas? They are really a very common everyday vehicle here in Hong Kong.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by christep
Am I alone in finding it quaint that people from the US get so excited about Teslas? They are really a very common everyday vehicle here in Hong Kong.
That's changing.

From the FT in Feb 2018:

Tesla sales screeched to a halt in the last nine months of 2017 in Hong Kong, dubbed a “beacon city” by founder Elon Musk, after the government slashed a tax waiver for electric vehicles.

Touted as the city with the highest number of Teslas per capita by Mr Musk in early 2016, just 32 of the company’s vehicles were registered in Hong Kong between April and December, figures from the Transport Department showed. That is down from nearly 2,000 in the same period in 2016.

Generous tax breaks had buoyed the sale of Teslas, which are ubiquitous on the streets of Hong Kong. Removal of that break almost doubles the sticker price of a Tesla Model S 75D to HK$1.03m ($132,337).
Link/source: Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/content/2b8eb480-...d-41ca06376bf2
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: CX AY DL
For those who has tried the Alphard, can it comfortably fit 4 ppl + 7 bags? And does Klook cater to 3rd party bookings - ie I book the car, but my uncle +3 are the passengers?

or should I just sub my contact details with his and ask the driver to whatsapp him direct hmm. but I'm not very confident of him being able to connect to hkia wifi.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by fishball
For those who has tried the Alphard, can it comfortably fit 4 ppl + 7 bags? And does Klook cater to 3rd party bookings - ie I book the car, but my uncle +3 are the passengers?

or should I just sub my contact details with his and ask the driver to whatsapp him direct hmm. but I'm not very confident of him being able to connect to hkia wifi.
No, the rear seats needed to be folded for the Alphard to take 7 bags. The seat are two individual buckets in the middle row. So realistically is 7 bags and 3 open seats.

We have two of them in our motor pool.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
No, the rear seats needed to be folded for the Alphard to take 7 bags. The seat are two individual buckets in the middle row. So realistically is 7 bags and 3 open seats.

We have two of them in our motor pool.
I see...guess I'll have to book 2 cars after all!
Old May 5, 2018, 1:27 am

Just to report the Alphard indeed cannot take 4 ppl + 7 bags...more like 3 ppl + 6 bags max. Funny thing is when I called Klook they claimed to be able to fit in 7 bags!
Old May 5, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fishball
Just to report the Alphard indeed cannot take 4 ppl + 7 bags...more like 3 ppl + 6 bags max. Funny thing is when I called Klook they claimed to be able to fit in 7 bags!
Been there and done that as reported upthread.
christep likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:42 am

question

Is it possible to buy the tickets in advance outside of hongkong?
Old May 8, 2018, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Tickets for what?
tentseller likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christep
Tickets for what?
Ocean Park?
Old May 8, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eliendea
Is it possible to buy the tickets in advance outside of hongkong?
Klook.com can be accessed whenever and wherever there in web access and is not blocked by a firewall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.