Wiki Posts
Search

Private Car/Limo Transfer to Shenzhen

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Private Car/Limo Transfer to Shenzhen

I'm headed to Shenzhen from Hong Kong. My parents are traveling with me. With three of us, public transport or taxi isn't going to be particularly cheap. Via Google, I found a sites offering private transfer into Mainland China. Has anyone used these services and have any recommendations?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Lots of local companies offering such service.

If you deal with the company directly, good. Via google, it could be merely a website and if the car doesn't show up, who do you call, and will they care?

These providers serves the HK Airport (won't be the cheapest but properly vetted) :

Transport - Transport Connection with Mainland China - SkyLimo - Hong Kong International Airport
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
SkyLimo offers transport from HKG to Shenzhen via Shenzhen Bay or Huangang Checkpoint. Typical price is $150 HKD per person however if you have a lot of baggage they may want to charge an additional $100 HKD. I've used SkyLimo a handful of times and have had no problems with their service other than the mentioned extra baggage charge one time.

You don't need to pre-arrange the service. Their booth is located in the coach station underneath Terminal 2. Just ask for SkyLimo when you get to the bus area, They use Toyota Alphard vans leaving just about every 30 mins to either location. They try to fill up the vans so you will most likely be sharing the ride to the checkpoint.

Since late 2017 the Shenzhen checkpoints require all passengers to cross the border on foot. The van will drop you off after leaving HKG and you will cross the checkpoint at Shenzhen bay or Huangang on foot. From there you arrange your own transport via taxi, Didi, or negotiate with one of the many private drivers who will try to offer you a ride directly outside of the checkpoint.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dat4life
I'm headed to Shenzhen from Hong Kong. My parents are traveling with me. With three of us, public transport or taxi isn't going to be particularly cheap. Via Google, I found a sites offering private transfer into Mainland China. Has anyone used these services and have any recommendations?
no.

you can try uber. but you'll only get to the boarder of SZ bay if they have a drop-off license.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kaka
no.

you can try uber. but you'll only get to the boarder of SZ bay if they have a drop-off license.
Given Uber is illegal in Hong Kong, what is the chance that any Uber car/driver has proper permit?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Given Uber is illegal in Hong Kong, what is the chance that any Uber car/driver has proper permit?
it would be irrelevant. a car with proper permit may operate as uber. but i see uber showing shum chun bay as off limits.

i'd like to let OP know private transfers are probably also illegal, unless they have commercial operating license... but that's all just bueraucracy.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:24 am

The nice thing about Skylimo or other private car services is that they used to take you through the border, both HK and SZ, in the car. Provided they have the appropriate license. No need to get out with your bags and stand in line. Now that PRC is requiring crossing on foot that perk is gone, although you still cross HK in the car.

The private car service I hire is 600 RMB but I don't have to share the ride. The private driver will park and wait for me on the other side of immigration. Then back in his car and off to the hotel. I typically cross early Saturday or Sunday morning, so not a long wait for immigration, However, Saturday or Sunday evening can be crazy at Shenzhen Bay to SZ with all the people coming back from Tuen Mun with milk powder and cosmetics. I've only transited Huangang once on foot so I don't know what its like in the busy times.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: QF
Details for private car

Originally Posted by synthkeys
The nice thing about Skylimo or other private car services is that they used to take you through the border, both HK and SZ, in the car. Provided they have the appropriate license. No need to get out with your bags and stand in line. Now that PRC is requiring crossing on foot that perk is gone, although you still cross HK in the car.

The private car service I hire is 600 RMB but I don't have to share the ride. The private driver will park and wait for me on the other side of immigration. Then back in his car and off to the hotel. I typically cross early Saturday or Sunday morning, so not a long wait for immigration, However, Saturday or Sunday evening can be crazy at Shenzhen Bay to SZ with all the people coming back from Tuen Mun with milk powder and cosmetics. I've only transited Huangang once on foot so I don't know what its like in the busy times.
Hi there. Is there a driver you can recommend
​​​​​​? We need to get from Shenzhen to HKIA tomorrow? Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:10 am

Our company assistant books the car service for me and gives me instructions afterwards. So I don't have direct access to the private companies. However, I have a few receipts with numbers and info on them. Send me a PM and I can send you the info.

If you are staying in a hotel, they may have a service that takes you to the checkpoint and transfers you to skylimo service at Shenzhen bay or Huangang. I stay at Wongtee V Hotel in Futian, they provide that service. Also, if you just get a taxi to Huangang or Shenzhen Bay, the skylimo people will approach you selling their services. I've never used it, but klook.com could also be used to arrange transport. 150RMB per person is the usual rate for skylimo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.