Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Cards acceptance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:33 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by wco81
I used Uber a couple of times rather than use taxis when I last visited a couple of years ago, because of the cash vs. credit card issue.

The cars were nice and clean BMWs and Mercedes for UberX, way cleaner compared to the taxis.

I was able to use Apple Pay a couple of times but of course Octopus prevents credit cards from getting a bigger hold in HK, let alone mobile payments.

Still no plans to support Apple Pay directly on transport, I would imagine?
Not Apple Pay, but Samsung Pay supports Octopus (Smart Octopus).

However this requires a HK-purchased S8, S8+ or Note8 https://www.octopus.com.hk/en/consum...out/index.html . Not for visitors.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by percysmith

How did you deal with the Putien slip? If you didn't put up a fight and signed it, you still have a chargeback right with Diners Canada for a Reason Code 4846 chargeback - see the wiki in the DCC thread.
I was with my guest and I paid cash. It would turn into a "fight to pay the bill" situation with my guest if I don't settle it promptly. They don't take AMEX.

If I were by myself, I would have put up a fight to get the slip corrected.

Last edited by beep88; Jan 1, 2018 at 8:24 pm
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by beep88
I was with my guest and I paid cash. It would turn into a "fight to pay the bill" situation with my guest if I don't settle it promptly. They don't take AMEX.

If I were by myself, I would have put up a fight to get the slip corrected.
Face Saved!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.